A combination of the following are typical actions as part of reorganization:
- Creating or eliminating positions
- Reconstructing current positions
- Changing reporting structures
- Creating or eliminating units
- Combining organizational units
Any department/college/division within the university is eligible to reorganize their area and workforce to further meet the mission, goals, and objectives of Wright State.
Make a recommendation to your Dean/Vice President.
If your recommendation is approved by your Dean/VP, submit the following documents to HR Compensation via email – Hr-Compensation@wright.edu:
- Business rationale and summary of the proposed reorganization, including any cost projections
- Current and proposed organizational chart, including total salary and benefits, expended or to be expended both before and after the reorganization.
- List of affected employees to include:
- Classification of affected employees, i.e., unclassified, classified, bargaining unit, special contract
- Current and proposed salaries
- Current and proposed titles, including FTE
- Current and proposed direct supervisor
- If any changes to the salary are requested: current and proposed job descriptions (including minimum qualifications)
- List of all positions (and if applicable, incumbents) proposed for position elimination
- List all of the new positions that are proposed including the following for each position:
- Job description (including required qualifications)
- The internal promotion, lateral, or demotion of current department employees
- Whether an internal or external search is proposed and in what instances
- If classified, what other placement options are available?
Materials shared with Human Resources will be sent to OEI who will review the impact of the proposed reorganization on Wright State’s Affirmative Action Plan.
Upon approval of recommended changes by Dean/VP, HR and OEI, create position postings in PeopleAdmin using the appropriate posting types.
Once the position(s) are approved by all parties, submit the below to Human Resources:
- Personnel Action Form (PDF)
- Copy of offer letter(s)
For more information on the Internal/Lateral Transfer Policy, go to University Policy 1030.