A Carnegie-classified research university, Wright State offers countless opportunities for research at all levels, from undergraduate through post-doctoral.
The wide spectrum of research activity at Wright State ranges from fundamental investigations to applied research and development, benefiting the Dayton region and the world.
Funding dollars for cutting-edge research flow into Wright State. Sources include:
- The National Institute of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
Showing the university's dedication to research, one of the premier annual campus events is the Celebration of Research, where more than 150 students present their work on topics from a biomedical engineering student's Volumetric MR Analysis of Pediatric Patients with Hydrocephalus to a history major's Espionage in America.