For Wright State Communities
We are here to assist innovators in the Wright State University community to commercialize their innovations. Contact the Office of Technology Transfer to learn more about processes, policies, or intellectual properties.
Thank you for your interest in collaborating with us on commercialization. We welcome the opportunity to work with you in making an impact based on our academic innovations.
The Ohio IP Promise
Wright State University is committed to the guiding principles of The Ohio IP Promise:
- Flexible: Wright State University provides industry choices for accessing intellectual property developed through sponsored research on its campus. For more details regarding the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, please visit: http://www.wright.edu/research/research-and-sponsored-programs
- Transparent: Wright State University’s standard sponsored research and license agreements templates are available for review at: http://www.wright.edu/research/technology-transfer/for-industry
- Simple: Wright State University encourages a spirit of entrepreneurship on its campus and welcomes collaborative discussions with faculty members interested in creating start-up companies.
- Clear: Invention Disclosure Forms, along with any supplemental information submitted by Wright State University faculty, staff and students, will be used by a third party to provide a commercial assessment of the disclosed technology. The assessment will be shared with the inventor, typically within six weeks. All decisions related to University technologies are shared with the inventor.
- Easy: Industry, investors and entrepreneurs will find an easy entry point to the Office of Technology Transfer at: http://www.wright.edu/research/technology-transfer Inquiries by e-mail should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fast: The Wright State University Office of Technology Transfer strives to deliver fair, consistent and timely reviews of invention disclosures, commercial assessments, and negotiation of intellectual property terms included in sponsored research agreements, license and option agreements. The Office of Technology Transfer meets regularly with the Office of General Counsel to review technologies and pending agreements.
Wright State University is aligned with Ohio’s public universities to further streamline our processes, drive transparency and speed to support commercialization of Ohio innovations for all stakeholders: faculty and researchers, entrepreneurs, investors, and industry partners.