Extending a Job Offer
On this page:
Offer Package Considerations
Below are some helpful steps hiring departments can take before, during, and after extending an offer:
- Discuss our total compensation offer as a complete package and then breakdown various elements
- Outline the salary offer and address any external market factors and internal equity as needed
- Know in advance of any room to negotiate. For questions on salary negotiations, contact HR Compensation at x2723.
- Outline WSU benefits
- You may direct the top candidate to the Human Resources benefits webpage
- Benefits to highlight include medical, specifically HDHP with HSA contributions, retirement, and vacation
- As relevant, promote that we have the mandatory retirement, but also offer two supplemental options (403b and 457 plans).
- Share tuition remission benefit and any pertinent professional development or training available
- If requested, be prepared to highlight family-friendly offerings, such as dual-career program, child care, lactation space, flexible work arrangements, adoption assistance
- Other faculty-related items, such as a sabbatical, start-up packages, etc.
- Relocation; mostly used for faculty and professional level positions
- Wright State’s practice is to offer no more than 10% of the salary
- Check with your Dean/VP if they approve a relocation offer
- For other policy elements, please see expenditures policy on University Policy.
- Temporary housing
- Extended Stay on Colonel Glenn Highway is an option
- Contact your Business Manager and Dean/VP for further guidance.
Wright State’s mandatory retirement is a competitive advantage. Given the employer provides 14% towards the retirement plan minus any mitigating rate factor for ARP.
Template Offer Letters
Unclassified Offer Letters
Unclassified Hourly Offer Letters
- Unclassified Hourly - Continuous (75%–100% FTE) (DOCX)
- Unclassified Hourly - Continuous (51%–74% FTE) (DOCX)
- Unclassified Hourly - Continuous (50% FTE) (DOCX)
- Unclassified Hourly - Special Contract (75%–100% FTE) (DOCX)
- Unclassified Hourly - Special Contract (51%–74% FTE) (DOCX)
- Unclassified Hourly - Special Contract (50% FTE) (DOCX)