Human Resources EEO is pleased to offer search committee training. To better serve the needs of the campus community, this training is offered online. To request access to the training, please send your name and W# to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a large group or would prefer to receive the training in person by a member of the HR EEO, please email email@example.com and we will try to accommodate you.
If you have any questions at any time during the online training or have specific questions about the search process, please feel free to contact HR EEO at any time.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the accessibility of the training or would like to request an ADA accommodation to take the training, please contact HR EEO at 937- 775-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use PeopleAdmin Guest username and password provided by the hiring department to view/review application materials.
- Keep in mind that the application information will be 'read-only' to all search committee members; therefore, members are not able to make changes to the applicant statuses.
- Hold Search Committee meetings instead of coming to decisions through emails.
- Create transparency about processes used to rank candidates or eliminate candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
- Rank candidates based on the required and preferred qualifications (we recommend the top 10). It saves significant time to be able to quickly identify the next candidate(s) to be contacted in case your top candidate(s) withdraw from the pool.
- Develop a list of competency and value-based interview questions. Use the same questions for all applicants interviewed.
- Review the interviewing legal dos and don'ts.
- Take advantage of phone and/or Skype interviews to save time and money. However, be aware that the method used must be consistent across all applicants being considered even if they are local or internal applicants. If using phone interviews, it's recommended that more than one committee member participates in each phone interview to ensure consistency.
- Check references once a finalist is selected.
- Keep applicant information and identities confidential within the search committee process until interviewees are selected. This demonstrates values of accountability, respect, and diversity. If a candidate informs anyone involved in the search process that they may need accommodation for a disability in order to participate in any part of the search process, please provide that candidate with the contact information for Human Resources. Additionally, if a candidate informs you or anyone else involved in the search/hiring process that they may need a reasonable accommodation for a disability upon being hired, please direct them to the HR staff.