Career Services

Students: On-Campus Jobs

On this page:


Am I eligible for student employment?

To be eligible for student employment, you must register and attend classes for a minimum of six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate credit hours during the Fall and Spring Semesters. You can work during summer and winter breaks if you are registered for the semester immediately following the break. For the Summer Semester, you must be pre-registered for the Fall Semester and have the approval of your supervisor to work. Are you registered for fewer credit hours than required? You can apply for a one-time, one-semester exception if it's your final semester. Contact us to apply for the exception.

Conflict with Graduate Assistant Contract

Students who have an active graduate assistantship contract through the Graduate School are not eligible to be hired for a student employment position.

Students who have an active student employment position may not enter into a graduate assistantship contract.

Whether or not a graduate contract or student employment position is active is determined by the begin and end dates on either the contract or the student employment record.

To terminate a student, student employment supervisors send a termination request to

Maximum Working Hours Per Week (in All Jobs Combined)

Violations of Maximum Working Hours Per Week policy results in termination of student employment. 

Other violations and lack of qualifications may result in termination. Review all pages of student employment policies, procedures and guidelines in the On-Campus Student Employment section of this website.

Additional Information for International Students

Position Types

What type of positions are available?

  • Regular Position: Part-time, on-campus positions fully funded by departmental budgets. All students are eligible for Regular position types.
  • Work-Study: Part-time, on-campus positions prequalified as work-study positions. Only students who have been awarded and accepted federal work-study awards in their financial aid package are eligible for Work-Study position types. More information is available at the Federal Work-Study Program Information page.

Students: To find on-campus Student Employment job postings, select the “On-Campus” filter in the Jobs section, inside your Handshake account. On-campus supervisors include in the job posting Description field whether the job is funded by Work-Study, Regular or both. Do not select the "Work study" filter.

Search for Jobs

On-campus student employment includes part-time positions that do not require a degree, and usually do not require you to be in a certain major. These on-campus positions will accommodate your class schedule. Wright State provides equal opportunity.

Student Employment Paperwork Processing

After the supervisor has made a job offer and the student has accepted:

  1. The supervisor emails to request instructions and required forms.
  2. After submission of all required forms, the student waits to begin working until after the supervisor has received confirmation from Career Services/Student Employment that the student has been approved to begin working.