A combination of the following are typical actions as part of reorganization:
- Creating or eliminating positions
- Reconstructing current positions
- Changing reporting structures
- Creating or eliminating units
- Combining organizational units
Any department/college/division within the university is eligible to reorganize their area and workforce to further meet the mission, goals and objectives of Wright State.
- Make recommendation to your Dean/Vice President.
- If your recommendation is approved by your Dean/VP, submit the following documents to HR Compensation via email – Hr-Compensation@wright.edu:
- Business rationale and summary of the proposed reorganization, including any cost projections
- Current and proposed organizational chart, including total salary and benefits expended or to be expended both before and after the reorganization.
- List of affected employees to include:
- Classification of affected employees, i.e., unclassified, classified, bargaining unit, special contract
- Current and proposed salaries
- Current and proposed titles, including FTE
- Current and proposed direct supervisor
- If any changes to the salary are requested: current and proposed job descriptions (including minimum qualifications)
- List of all positions (and if applicable, incumbents) proposed for position elimination
- List all of new positions that are proposed including the following for each position:
- Job description (including required qualifications)
- The internal promotion, lateral, or demotion of current department employees
- Whether an internal or external search is proposed and in what instances
- If classified, what other placement options are available?
- Human Resources will review the impact of the proposed reorganization on Wright State’s Affirmative Action Plan.
- Upon approval of recommended changes by Dean/VP, and HR, create position postings in PeopleAdmin using the appropriate posting types.
- Once the position(s) are approved by all parties, submit the below to Human Resources:
- Personnel Action Form(s) (PAFs)
- Copy of offer letter(s)