2022 Winter Break Closure
Residence Halls will be closed from Friday, December 9, 2022 at 8 p.m. until Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Noon.
Winter Break Closing Information - from December 2022
Hamilton Hall, Honors, and the Woods Communities
All residence halls (Hamilton, Honors, and the Woods) are closed for Winter Break. The residence halls are only accessible to residents who sign up for Winter Break Housing. You do not need to remove your belongings; however, we recommend that you take home items of value. Please make sure to complete the following checklist prior to leaving for winter break:
- Clean room/bathroom – place all trash in dumpsters
- Clean fridge (do NOT unplug) – remove all perishable items
- Clean all small personal appliances (please UNPLUG)
- Clear off window seat – air filter will be replaced during break
- Turn the heater to low and/or set to 60 degrees
- Close curtains and turn off lights
- Lock the windows and door
Residence Hall Winter Break Housing
You have the option to stay in your current room during winter break (December 9 - January 8). The cost for winter break housing is $225. The winter break housing fee will be billed to your Bursar account. To reserve your space, complete the winter break form; access this form in the housing portal via WINGS Express.
Terms and Conditions of Winter Break Housing
- Winter break costs $225. The charge will be billed to your Bursar account.
- Your 2022 Fall Semester bill must be paid in full or a payment plan arranged with RaiderConnect, or your request to stay during break may be denied.
- Honors and Woods Residents can pick up break keys at The Hub, located at 2000 Zink Road (on campus near the Village apartments) between November 15 and December 9, between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Make sure to bring your photo ID to pick up your key.
- Hamilton residents will have their Wright One cards reset for access.
- Doors in all buildings will be locked 24 hours a day.
- Housing and maintenance staff may be entering all rooms during the break period for the purpose of conducting preventative maintenance.
- Evacuation assistance for residents with disabilities will be limited during the break.
- Any student breaching building security will be subject to disciplinary action.
- All policies in the Campus Housing Policies, the Student Code of Conduct, and Campus Housing Terms and Conditions will be in effect and will be enforced during the break.
Sign Up for Winter Break Housing
You can also sign up by:
- Log into WINGS Express with your Campus Username (w000abc) and Password.
- Select Student and Financial Aid.
- Select Housing Services.
- Select Continue to My Housing Account.
- Select Winter Break Intention
Apartment Winter Break Housing
Housing over winter break is included with your apartment housing agreement. There is no additional fee nor do you need to register to stay during winter break.
Winter Break Move-Outs
- Forest Lane & Hamilton Residents – a check-out packet will be delivered to your room/apartment. You must complete your move-out and return keys no later than Friday, December 9th at 8 pm, to the Community Center (under the water tower) at the package window or drop box.
- Woods, Honors, Village, College/University Park Residents - a check-out packet will be delivered to your room/apartment. You must complete your move-out and return keys to The Hub no later than Friday, December 9th at 8 pm. The Hub is located at 2000 Zink Road, on campus near The Village. There is a drop box located to the left of the main entrance.
- Residents who are graduating - To allow our graduating residents the opportunity to participate in commencement, you will have until Sunday, December 11th at 8 pm to return keys to their appropriate office.
We will begin checking rooms for belongings on Monday, December 12th, 2022. Failure to complete your move-out by the deadline will result in a lock change and additional fees.
Registration for Spring Semester
As a reminder, you must be enrolled in classes to reside in campus housing. The deadline to register for spring classes is January 2, 2023. If you are not registered, you will be required to move out no later than January 2, 2023.
We will begin checking rooms for belongings on Tuesday, January 3rd. Failure to complete your move-out by the deadline will result in a lock change and additional fees.
Winter Break Maintenance
During the winter break closure, staff may enter rooms to complete work orders, conduct inspections, and complete preventative maintenance. Should you have any maintenance requests, please submit them through the online maintenance form.
Students living in the residence halls can return on Sunday, January 8, 2023.
Service Window Winter Break Schedule
- Monday, December 12–Friday, December 16, 2022: OPEN 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, December 19–Friday, December 23, 2022: OPEN 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, December 27–Friday, December 31, 2022: OPEN 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, January 2-Friday, January 6, 2023, 2023: OPEN 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.