On this page:
Students are provided with wireless internet in their apartments or residence hall. Network equipment, such as wireless access points, routers, and hubs, are not permitted. Learn more about the Wright State wireless network.
Students living on campus should use wireless networks (WSU-Secure, WSU_EZ_Connect, or Student-Wireless) to access the internet.
Introducing SpectrumU: TV Your Way
Wright State University provides access to SpectrumU streaming cable television to all residents as part of your communication fee.
You can Watch the Spectrum U app on your favorite personal devices (Roku, Computer, Tablet, Phone).
To watch Spectrum U on television, you must have a television with a ROKU device attached to it, or an apple TV or a Roku TV.
Students who live on campus at Wright State University can now stream the shows they love and on-demand content from Spectrum anytime, right from their devices, when they download the SpectrumU app. Wright State is replacing cable to allow students to watch their favorite Spectrum content while on campus.
With this new app, you can:
- Watch TV anytime through your personal mobile devices (iOS® and Android™), tablets, laptops, desktops and Roku devices, Apple TV, and Amazon Firestick.
- Access a robust channel lineup with local entertainment, sports programming, and more while on campus and in off-campus housing. The channel lineup will be more limited at other locations.
- Watch more than 7,000 hours of on-demand content, including previous episodes, full series, popular movies, and more.
Getting started is easy:
- Phone or tablet: Visit the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore to download the SpectrumU app (not Spectrum TV)
- Roku: To access via Roku devices, select Spectrum TV from the Roku® Channel Store
- Desktop or Laptop: To view SpectrumU on a desktop or laptop, visit https://watch.spectrumutv.com/
- When signing in on a desktop or laptop, click the grey "Sign in to SpectrumU" button, NOT the blue "Sign In" button.
The following devices and OS version numbers are currently supported:
- All major Android smartphones and tablets running Android 4.2 or above
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 8 or above
- Kindle Fire Phone, all Kindle Fire models except for the first-generation model
- Mac: Safari 7 or newer, Firefox 45 or newer, or Chrome 43 or newer
- PC: IE 11, Chrome 43 or newer, Firefox 45 or newer, or MS Edge 12 or newer
- Roku: All second-generation players and TVs
Having trouble? Contact the CaTS Help Desk at 937-775-4827.
The 2022-23 academic year was the final year of wired cable television service on campus. We have fully transitioned to the SpectrumU streaming service. See above for compatible devices should you wish to watch live cable television from this streaming service.
Residence Life Cinema provides you with on-demand movies streamed to your television on campus. With a constantly-updated list of titles including many new releases, movie nights are available in the comfort of your own dorm or apartment. Begin streaming movies now by using streaming.wright.edu.