Wright State University prides itself on its use of technology for students to stay connected and engaged in and out of the classroom.
We offer a variety of services in and out of the residence halls to connect to campus resources while with us. In this section students can learn more about connecting to the University's systems in the residence halls, using telephone and cable services, as well as our Emergency Notification System.
Wright State University provides high definition (HD) digital cable television. The system is fully digital and uses Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) technology. QAM allows cable companies to deliver a digital signal for programming rather than the analog signal used previously. The majority of the channels that students receive are in HD, while a few of the channels are still delivered in SD (standard definition).
Cable TV service is included in the communication fee which is charged to your Bursar account by CaTS. Please be aware of the following limitations imposed by our cable provider:
- There is ONE cable outlet per room.
- Sycamore, Sequoia, and Palms in Forest Lane - the outlet is in the living room.
- It is strongly recommended that residents discuss TV use and ownership with their roommate(s) prior to arrival. You will need to provide a coaxial cable to connect your television.
- No Premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, etc) are available
Every student is provided their own ethernet jack as well as wireless internet in their apartment or residence hall.
Learn more about the Wright State Wireless Network.
*Note: Network equipment, such as wireless access points, routers and hubs, is not permitted.
Campus offices can be reached from off-campus by dialing the prefix 775 and then the extension number.
Calling from On Campus
- Local calls: dial 9, then the desired number
- Long distance calls: can only be made using a calling card
- International calls: can only be made using a calling card
- Campus calls: dial the 4-digit number listed in the directory
- Campus Operator: dial 0
- Ohio Relay Service: 9-1-800-750-0750
- Telephone Problems: 775-4200
- Student Telecom Issues: 775-4200
- For student telephone billing questions, 775-4200.