CaTS offers a variety of tools and resources to help support an efficient remote working and learning environment. If you have any questions about the services listed below, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at 937-775-4827, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Services marked with an asterisk* are not officially support by CaTS.
Microsoft Office 365
- The Office 365 service consists of a number of standard office products and services. Included in this download are Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access (Windows only), OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, and Teams
- To download, navigate to www.office.com and log in using your Wright State credentials. Click on the 'Install Office' button near the top right of the screen and select 'Office 365 apps'. Follow the installation instructions.
- More information about Office 365
- Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration tool. Instantly go from group chat to video call with the touch of a button. Securely connect, access, share, and coauthor files in real time. Stay organized by keeping notes, documents, and your calendar together.
- To download, navigate to teams.microsoft.com and log in. Click on your user icon in the top right of the screen and select 'Download the Desktop app'. Follow the installation instructions.
- Get more information or request a Team
- OneDrive for Business is a Microsoft online service that provides resources for file storage, collaboration, and communication within Wright State's Office 365 system.
- This product is part of the Office 365 Suite and can be accessed by logging in at onedrive.wright.edu.
- More information about OneDrive
- SharePoint Sites are online communities supporting university organizations, projects, and other Wright State-related functions. Within these SharePoint sites/communities, you can then share files, calendars, and other important information with any other members of the site. SharePoint Sites are a great choice if you want to share information for longer periods of time.
- This product is part of the Office 365 Suite and can be accessed by logging in at office.com/signin. Select the SharePoint tile on the Microsoft 365 homepage, or in the app launcher.
- Get more information or request a SharePoint Site
- Cisco Webex is the leading solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars.
- To download, navigate to wright.webex.com and log in. Click on the 'Downloads' button on the lefthand side of the screen and select the download link under 'Cisco Webex Meetings desktop app'. Follow the installation instructions.
- For more information and resources for Cisco Webex, the following pages are available:
Cisco AnyConnect Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- A VPN connection establishes a secure connection between you and the internet. Wright State's VPN allows for a connection to Wright State shared drives, Banner, FileLocker, and many other functions.
- To install the Cisco VPN Client, navigate to https://www.wright.edu/information-technology/security/use-vpn-software-on-your-pc-or-macintosh and read/accept the VPN Policy. You will be presented a login for your Wright State credentials, log in and follow the installation intructions for your specific operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- More information about VPN software
- How to map your network H, K, and R drives
VMWare Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI)
- A VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) provides users with the virtual desktop environment and applications that best support their business requirements. You will need to be enrolled in two-factor authentication to be able to access your VDI either through a Duo push or a landline phone call. Read more about two-factor authentication.
- To install the VMWare VDI client, navigate to vdi.wright.edu and select 'Install VMWare Horizon Client'. Follow the installation instructions.
- Get more information or request a VDI
- Wright State affords the capability to faculty and staff to forward their on-campus extension to an external number, or another campus extension.
- Get more information and directions to enable call forwarding
- Wright State affords the capability to faculty and staff to forward their voice messages to their Wright State email address in exchange for their standard voicemail.
- Get more information or request this service
- FileLocker is a secure file sharing application that allows you to securely share files with other people, both inside and outside of the university. The files are stored for a temporary amount of time (typically 30 days) and are then deleted from the system.
- To use FileLocker, please connect to the VPN and navigate to fl1.wright.edu, then log in with your Campus 'w' username and password.
- Get more information and directions for Filelocker
Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Acrobat Pro is used to convert scanned files, PDF files, and image files into editable/searchable documents, as well as document editing, signature, and form creation.
- Most faculty and staff have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro and the full Adobe Creative Cloud, and it can be downloaded either through the Software Center (Windows), Self-Service (Mac), or via wright.onthehub.com
The following applications are not supported by CaTS or Wright State. While we do not recommend them over the previously mentioned supported apps, we will not prevent using them on WSU-owned devices. Calling the Help Desk for support for these applications will result in limited troubleshooting.
- Zoom provides videotelephony and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform and is used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations.
- Zoom website
- Discord is a VoIP, instant messaging and digital distribution platform designed for creating communities. Users communicate with voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media and files in private chats or as part of communities called 'servers'.
- Discord website
- Slack offers many IRC-style features, including persistent chat rooms (channels) organized by topic, private groups, and direct messaging.
- Slack website
- Google Voice is a telephone service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S and international call termination for Google Account customers.
- CaTS does NOT recommend tying a Google Voice number to WSU-based phone extensions or WSU-managed phone lines.
- Google Voice website