- Brick and concrete masonry units shall pass ASTM C 67.
- Portland cement and masonry cement shall be low in alkali.
- Mortar admixtures, especially calcium chloride, are not permitted.
- During construction all work shall be kept dry by covering with a strong waterproof membrane at the end of each workday or shutdown period.
- A/E team to include adequate Allowance for exterior masonry cleaning 12 months after completion of the work.
- Weep holes:
- Meets equivalent performance/standards or exceeds that of Quadro-vent by Hohman & Barnard
- Any masonry shall be no closer than 4 inches to grade
- After exterior masonry is cleaned, seal all exposed masonry with silane/siloxane blend penetrating breathable sealer – Meets equivalent performance/standards or exceeds that of Weather Seal GP by PROSOCO Inc. or equal