Technical Standards of Design
- These specific General Requirements are in addition to the Standard State of Ohio front end contracting and general condition requirements that are identified in Part Two of these WSU standards.
- Specific special General Requirements for each project are to be discussed and reviewed with WSU project manager.
011200 – CONTRACT SUMMARY
- This section would describe and summarize the project details and specifics along with the project delivery method for the particular project.
- A scope of work of the main trade contractors is required to clarify responsibilities for a particular project.
012100 – ALLOWANCES
- All projects within bid form to identify allowances for key building elements of the project. Specific allowances to be determined with project manager. Examples as follows:
- Environmental removals
- Architectural removals
- Architectural finishes
- MEP scope items
- Site Clearing
- Building signage
012200 – UNIT PRICES
- All projects within bid form to identify unit prices for key building elements of the project such as:
- Site utilities
- Removal of partition (identify wall types)
- New finishes – list specific items
- MEP piping – list specific elements
- Roof insulation
- Soils removals
- Electrical Duplex Outlet
- Electrical Data Outlet
012300 – ALTERNATES
- This section would describe and summarize any project alternates desired by WSU.
- Alternates to be clearly written within bid form with references back to alternate specification section that would more fully describe the alternates.
- Alternates should preferably be presented as ADD alternates.
012500 – SUBSTITUTION PROCEDURES
- All building elements should strive to list a minimum of three manufacturers. A basis of design is desired for each building component specified.
- Any substitutions requested will be considered ONLY at time of bidding per front end documents.
013200 – CONSTRUCTION PROGRESS DOCUMENTATION
- WSU requires job meeting notes be written and distributed no later than 2 business days after meeting taken place.
- All correspondence requires involvement and communications copied to WSU Project Manager.
013233 – PHOTOGRAPHIC DOCUMENTATION
- WSU requires prior to the start of any project, renovation or new construction that the existing building and/or existing site be thoroughly documented with video and pictures. Final format to be coordinated with WSU.
- This documentation to be delivered to the WSU project manager prior to any disturbance on site or in existing building.
- Meeting notes shall be written with date and attendance recorded. Items discussed are to be separated into Old and New Business with open items and action plan noted.
013300 – SUBMITTAL PROCEDURES
- One copy of all submittals and samples are to be copied to WSU project manager.
- Electronic submittals preferred when possible, with both AE and WSU PM copied in.
- At conclusion of project 100% complete project manuals containing ALL shop drawings, samples, training information, warranties, etc., as required by front end sections will be required. Also required are; list of contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers with contact information and item they installed/supplied.
- Supply three copies of complete O&M in tabbed and indexed binder with building and project label on front and side.
014000 – QUALITY REQUIREMENTS
- Contractor prior to the start of any project is to prepare for WSU review their quality control plan and strategies for insuring quality and schedule adherence.
015000 – TEMPORARY FACILITIES & CONTROLS
- WSU requires 48 hour notice, in writing, for any major utility shut down.
- Occupied areas must be maintained with conditioned and properly ventilated air, access to handicap restrooms, access to exits at all times. All life safety features must be maintained or added to maintain within occupied areas.
015639 – TEMPORARY TREE & PLANT PROTECTION
- WSU requires temporary fence around the drip line of all trees located in construction area.
- Reference Division 32 of this document.
017419 – CONSTRUCTION WASTE MANAGEMENT & DISPOSAL
- WSU encourages recycling, re-use, and re-purposing of all possible construction debris. On projects that may not be LEED rated, the following minimum requirements apply (LEED projects will have specific requirements that may vary):
- All cardboard must be flattened and stacked in a designated location for WSU to recycle. No cardboard shall be disposed of in dumpster unless directed by the WSU Project Manager.
- All metal and wiring shall be separated from construction debris and recycled off site by contractor.
- All recyclables plastic containers, glass bottles, and cans shall be collected from construction site by contractor and placed in WSU recycling bins.
- WSU reserves the right to salvage any item deemed of value to the University to re-purpose.
- Contractor shall work with WSU to find other uses for demolished items to keep as much material from landfill as possible.
017700 – CLOSEOUT PROCEDURES
- In addition to all closeout procedure and documents required by the state front end the following additional requirements must be completed prior to final payment.
- Final Punch List checked and signed off by contractor and/or Construction Manager.
- WSU Affidavit of Prevailing Wage from signed and notorized for Contractor and each Subcontractor employed on project.
- Original copy of each form shall be submitted.
017823 – OPERATION & MAINTENANCE DATA
- Training is required for all equipment installed for WSU maintenance personnel.
- For non-equipment installations, Contractor shall schedule a walk through with WSU at the end of every project to show location of valves, electrical work, etc.
017839 – PROJECT RECORD DOCUMENTS
- WSU requires one (1) copy of record drawings, updated CAD/BIM drawings electronically, specifications electronically, and three (3) copies of O&M manuals.
- Refer to WSU CAD/BIM Design Drawing Standards in the Appendix.
017900 – DEMONSTRATION & TRAINING
- All installed equipment will require demonstration and training required per State & Bid documents.