- Reference American Concrete Institute for minimum standards.
- Reference Ohio Department of Transportation for minimum standards.
033000 – CAST-IN-PLACE CONCRETE
- Sandblasted finish is not permitted unless specifically approved by the university.
- Rubbed finish on interior structural concrete painted surfaces is not permitted. If a smooth plaster-like finish is desired, specify a thin coat of veneer plaster over the concrete substrate.
- All exposed interior concrete floors are to be sealed. A hardener is required where the floor surface is subject to heavy traffic and/or rolling loads.
- Service room floors such as Mechanical rooms shall be completely sealed from water and moisture penetration.
- A continuous vapor barrier is required for all floor slabs on Grade:
- 15-mil minimum thickness
- Water Vapor Permeance less than or equal to 0.02 perms tested by ASTM E 96
- Puncture Resistance greater than or equal to 3,000 grams tested by ASTM D 1709
- Tensile Strength greater than or equal to 65 lbf/in tested by ASTM E 1745
- Chemical Resistance “Unaffected” tested by ASTM E 154
- All seams lapped and taped
- Turn up at all slab perimeters and cut off flush with top face of floor slab.