- Refer to Environmental Health & Safety section of this document for fall protection requirements.
- Exterior Insulation and Finish System (EIFS) is not permitted.
071113-700 – WATERPROOFING
- Floors requiring waterproofing shall have membrane continuously extend 4” min. up vertical walls, pads and curbs.
- All floor penetrations shall receive 4” min. membrane sleeve above finished floor.
- All foundation walls around basements shall receive membrane waterproofing.
071900 – WATER REPELLENTS
- Exposed surfaces of masonry blocks and precast concrete shall receive penetrating, vapor permeable, colorless, mildew-resistant water repellent.
- Concrete masonry units exposed to the exterior shall include integral water repellant in the units and in the mortar.
072100 – THERMAL INSULATION
- Minimize use of fiberglass in areas needing to be accessed for inspections, maintenance, etc. Where exposed, use foil backing, plastic or gypsum board to encapsulate fiberglass.
075116-700 – ROOFING
- All roofs and equipment access on rooftops must meet current OSHA requirements for fall protection.
- Light colored, reflective roofs with 20 year (min.) warranty required.
- All seams must be heat-welded
- Adhesive seams are not permitted
- Rock ballasted roofs are not permitted.
- Roof edge parapet walls shall extend 42” min. above roof to prevent fall hazards.
- Specify 2’-0” min. service walkways appropriately located to service all rooftop equipment from the roof access.
- Secondary roof drainage system shall preferably be accomplished by exterior wall scuppers, as long as it adheres to current building codes.
- Downspouts shall tie directly to underground storm drainage system.
- All roof hatches to be anodized aluminum, insulated and lockable – size 36 x 36 min.
- All green vegetative roofs must be approved by University.
- For vegetated roof assemblies refer to Division 32 of this document.
078123-446 – FIREPROOFING
- Fireproofing materials in exposed locations, lower than 8’-0” to be protected/covered.