- Earthwork to be completed with minimal area disturbed. All areas to be restored to original conditions.
- Refer to Ohio Environmental Protection Agency NPDES General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Construction Activity.
311000 – SITE CLEARING
- Controlled burning is not permitted, unless specifically approved by University Engineer.
- WSU will determine whether trees can be moved and replanted successfully. If feasible, that is preferred pan. Any trees that cannot be replanted on campus will have all stumps, trunks, limbs, branches, brush or other debris removed from construction area.
- Remove topsoil from the effected site prior to construction activities to reduce the potential for soil compaction and contamination. Topsoil shall be stockpiled in areas approved by the University for later use during final grading and site restoration.
- Tree protection is required around the drip line of all trees to remain within the limits of construction.
312000 – EARTH MOVING
- Utility trenches and other excavations shall be designed to limit settlement. Areas to receive pavement or other surface structures shall include engineered fill properly placed and compacted. Landscaped areas shall be dressed with approved topsoil and mulch.
- Imported fill shall be tested by certified third party testing lab for any hazardous materials.
313116 – TERMITE CONTROL
- Use only EPA approved products and methods.