As we prepare for the return of faculty and staff to campus, CaTS is working to ensure as smooth of a transition as possible.
Return-to-Campus Updates and Reminders
- Upon your first return to campus, your office computer will most likely need to run updates when powered on. Depending on when it was last turned on and connected to the network, please be aware that these updates may require a significant amount of time to complete.
- If you recently received a new laptop to support a work-from-home setup, this is considered your primary Wright State-issued machine. If you received a laptop dock with your device, it should be kept at your primary working location. If you did not receive a dock and need one, contact the CaTS Help Desk and one will be issued to you (one dock is available to each faculty or staff member that received a new laptop). If you have an old desktop that’s out of warranty that you no longer wish to use, please work with your department to coordinate getting those machines to the ESPM department, or contact the CaTS Help Desk if you have questions.
- Over the past year, Wright State entered a new contract with ComDoc printing and replaced all of the Xerox printers across campus. If you have not yet installed the new printer in your area and you are currently on campus, you can access the driver installation links at https://www.wright.edu/information-technology/print-drivers. Additionally, all printer support requests should be directed to the CaTS Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need assistance setting up technology in your office upon your return, please contact the CaTS Help Desk prior to your return to schedule an appointment with a technician.
FWA (Flexible Work Arrangement) Support
- CaTS is aware that many faculty and staff will be moving to a new, flexible work arrangement including both on-campus and remote working models. While CaTS has equipment allotted to facilitate an FWA, please be aware that technology resources are limited to one computer and associated pieces of technology per faculty or staff member. For questions or concerns about your equipment needs, contact the CaTS Help Desk at email@example.com.
Due to the increased volume of support requests CaTS is receiving, please allow for potential longer-than-normal response times. CaTS is committed to and working diligently to assist with any support needs or questions that may arise during this transition.
As always, if you have any questions please contact the CaTS Help Desk at 937-775-4827, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-in support is also available in 025 Library Annex, in the basement of Dunbar Library. Help Desk hours of operation can be found at https://www.wright.edu/information-technology/location-and-hours.