Gender Inclusive Housing (GIH) includes all campus apartment communities: College Park, Forest Lane, University Park, The Village, Honors and The Woods. This program is designed to be both a place where friends of different gender, regardless of their sexual orientation, are permitted to live together, as well as a safe environment for the LGBTQA community.
Clark State Gateway and Sinclair Wright Path students are not eligible to participate in Room Selection, including Mixed Gender Housing, until you’ve submitted the pre-approval housing form and been approved for housing by Clark State or Sinclair.
For full consideration, each student must complete the Gender Inclusive Housing Application and pay or defer the $150 prepayment. When completing the application, you will be required to submit your roommate names and UID’s. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis and will depend on apartment availability.
APARTMENT GENDER INCLUSIVE
- There will be one resident assigned to each of the two or four single bedrooms in the apartment.
- The group will share the bathroom(s), a kitchen and a living/dining room.
- The group must fill the apartment to capacity (two or four residents, depending on the community).
RESIDENT HALL GENDER INCLUSIVE
- The group must fill the room to capacity (one, two or three residents depending on the community and room type)
- The group will share the bathroom
- The group must fill the entire suite (depending on the room type and community).
* NOT AVAILABLE IN HAMILTON HALL
Residents will not be assigned to Gender Inclusive Housing communities without their prior request. If a vacancy results from a student who does not return to WSU and/or campus housing, the remaining resident (s) must identify replacements, or risk losing the opportunity to participate in Gender Inclusive Housing.
The style of living option is currently available at most off-campus apartments, and we want to extend this option to current residents, in response to their requests.
* Only students who submit the Gender Inclusive Application will be considered to live in a gender inclusive housing. All apartment communities and residence halls will continue to offer same gender apartments/dorms in addition to the mixed gender apartments/dorms.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Open January 22, 2019 and will be available until June 1, 2019.
To be eligible for the $200 full apartment incentive, you must participate during the Full Apartment Selection February 11-15.