Gender Inclusive Housing
Gender Inclusive Housing (GIH) is a housing option that allows students to live in a residence hall or apartment, regardless of their sex, gender identity, gender expression or the sex, gender identity, gender expression of their roommates. Gender Inclusive Housing is offered in College Park, University Park, Forest Lane, The Village, The Honors, and The Woods. GIH is not available in Hamilton Hall.
- The group MUST fill the entire apartment (two or four residents, depending on the community)
- The group will share the bathroom(s), kitchen and living/dining area
Residence Hall GIH:
- The group must fill the entire suite (depending on the room type)
- The group will share a bathroom
- The group must fill the room to capacity (one, two or three students depending on the room type)
Residents will not be assigned to Gender Inclusive Housing without their prior request. If vacancy results from a student who does not return to WSU and/or campus housing, the remaining resident(s) MUST identify a replacement(s), or risk losing the opportunity to participate in Gender Inclusive Housing.
For more information, please contact Mandi Lancaster at Mandi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Returning GIH residents will be able to retain and pull-in new roommates if current roommates are not retaining. However, the apartment/suite must be filled.