You are invited to attend an information session for a graduate program at Wright State in Educational Technology Instructional Design for Digital Learning (IDDL) on Thursday, October 11, 2018 from Noon to 3 p.m. in the Wright State Student Union Endeavour Room. Two formal presentations (Noon -1 and 2-3) will give students information about the program, jobs after graduation, application requirements, and skillsets needed for this program. Students that attend the information session will receive a ticket for pizza, cookie, and lemonade to be served during the open house (1-2 p.m.). Past graduates from the IDDL program will be in attendance to answer students’ questions.
Instructional designers either lead a team or are part of a team that develops educational training programs and eLearning classes for corporate, educational (K-12 and Higher Education), government, or not-for-profit environments. Instructional Design is a new, innovative field and our graduates have been highly successful in gaining employment after completing the program.
The training and development field is expected to employ 34,500 jobs and is growing at 10% a year which is faster than the average for most occupations. The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics has rated the job prospects for training and development managers as favorable due to the continual need to train the workplace. Students from any undergraduate program can apply to the IDDL master’s degree. This program might be right for students that:
- Enjoy working on a team to develop educational and/or training materials
- Enjoy learning about how people learn
- Have some experience using digital technologies to create multimedia materials
- Are not afraid of learning new educational technologies
- Like to work in fast-paced, innovative environments
- Consider themselves creative and not afraid of change
- Have strong project management and people skills
- Interested in learning how to develop effective webcasting, simulation, eLearning, or training programs
- IDDL Program Presentation: Noon – 1 PM
- Open house/Pizza: 1-2 PM
- Repeat IDDL Program Presentation #2: 2-3 PM
Contact Bekah Muchmore
Leadership Studies in Education and Organizations