Summer conference assistants help make a conference stay at Wright State enjoyable and productive for attendees. This is a summer student employee position that works for Residence Life and Housing.
- Attend required training sessions during the Spring and Summer Semesters.
- Attend weekly summer conference meetings and individual meetings as scheduled.
- Supply 24-hour duty coverage for conference or guest housing attendees in their respective communities. There are two phones and positions will rotate duties.
- When on duty, an SCA is available and working in the conference areas.
- Schedules are determined by the number of check-ins and check-outs occurring.
- Assist with the placement and collection of linens, pillows, and blankets for camps using linen.
Maintain Safe and Organized Conference Programs
- Help the conference staff with their programs.
- Enforce legal and policy infractions in a kind manner.
- Perform room checks as conferences are checking-out of a community.
- Report maintenance requests as needed.
- Assist conference guests in solving individual concerns during their stay.
- Complete daily/nightly rounds throughout the conference housing areas.
- Prepare reports and paperwork as assigned.
- Communicate daily with the conference directors.
- Assume additional tasks and duties as requested by the conference directors.
Requirements for Employment
- Must be able to fulfill the term of employment. End date may adjust for RA training.
- Must be registered for Fall semester classes by May 1.
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing.
- Must have completed one semester of attendance at Wright State University before the employment date.
- Additional employment or outside commitment is limited depending on class load and work schedules. Conference directors will review all employees' schedules and approve accordingly.
- Conference experience, leadership experience, residence life, or customer service experience is preferred.
- Nine dollars per hour-up to 28 hours a week.
- Guaranteed ten hours per week.
- Summer housing—single occupancy room in the Woods or Honors.
- Local phone, cable, and connectivity service summer semester.
- Fun and rewarding summer experience.
- Personal growth and rewards.
How to Apply
Submit the summer conference assistant application form.
After the application review, we will notify all candidates of the next steps. For more information please call Nick Foley at 937-775-3309 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org