April Namastudy Workshops
- Jacquie Roby, Study Coach, Tutor, Fitness Instructor
- Monday, April 21, 2:30-3:50. Recreation Center
- Tutor & Study Coach Teams
- Wednesday, April 23, 11-2
- Student Union Atrium
Phishing Scam Alert: Loan Forgiveness Program
If you receive this message, delete it immediately and DO NOT call the phone number listed in the email. Also, do not click on the unsubscribe link listed in the email. This will send you to a website that could possibly steal your personal information.
If you have questions regarding this scam, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827.
Attention Students Receiving Veterans Education Benefits:
- General Position Description: VA Work Study Student Employees are hired to assist directly with the service of students requesting and/or receiving GI Bill education benefits. They perform a variety of duties such as filing, answering phone and e-mail inquires, front-desk customer service, in-processing appointments with veterans, military-connected students, and military dependents/spouses, and assisting the VA Assistant Director/Certifying Official and other staff members to ensure the correct and timely processing of paperwork and information to fulfill VA reporting requirements.
- Minimum Job Requirements: Applicants must:
- currently receive GI Bill benefits under Post 9/11, Post 9/11 Transfer of Entitlement, Vocational Rehabilitation or Chapters 30, 1606, 1607, 35;
- meet minimum standards of progress academically (2.0 GPA or higher); and
- be enrolled in a minimum of 9 undergraduate credits or 5 graduate credits in current and future terms, including summer term 2014.
- Preferred Qualifications: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keep up with federal legislation changes, strong customer service background, ability to effectively communicate federal and school policy via phone, e-mail or in-person, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, ability to deliver high quality service to a diverse student population, possess a strong commitment to provide top-quality customer service to students. Successfully passed college level English and math and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Ability to work breaks between terms and summer term.
- Position Details: Work student students are paid at the current minimum wage rate of $7.85 per hour. This position is considered an extension of your GI Bill benefits and is not taxable income. Typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 and hours range from 5-20 per week. Limited number of interview slots to be completed by My.
- How to Apply: Please submit a one-page cover letter and resume to the WSU Veteran & Military Center via e-mail, fax, or in-person by Friday, May 2.
Wright State University
Veteran & Military Center
131 Allyn Hall
Phone: (937) 775-5550
Fax: (937) 775-3595
Add Flex Dollars to your Wright1 Card with Excess Loan Funds
2014 Parents & Family Weekend
A great time was had by all! So, what did you miss? Check the link and see for yourself...