*No application fee for domestic undergraduate applicants.
Tau Sigma National Honor Society
Recognizing, Promoting, and Celebrating Transfer Students’ Academic Excellence and Involvement
On this page:
About Tau Sigma
Welcome to Tau Sigma!
The Wright State University Chapter of Tau Sigma National Honor Society is an academic honor society designed specifically for transfer students. One-third of Wright State's student population is comprised of transfer students.
Tau Sigma's red crest, Greek letters Tau and Sigma, and bundle of wheat signify a transfer student's journey.
- The letters Tau and Sigma represent transition and scholarship.
- The red crest represents the courage needed when facing the challenges of transition.
- The wheat represents the continual harvesting of success in all future endeavors.
In Fall 2022, the Wright State chapter inducted its first members.
Objectives of a Tau Sigma Chapter
- Address the current lack of recognition of the outstanding academic achievement of transfer students.
- Provide motivation for the academic excellence of all incoming transfer students.
- Enhance the reputation of all transfer students.
- Provide a common bond among transfer students.
- Promote the involvement of transfer students in the university to which they transfer.
- Form a group of students who can help the university address and meet the needs of incoming transfer students.
Wright State Tau Sigma student members benefit from the following:
- Lifetime membership in Tau Sigma—pay only one membership fee.
- Tau Sigma student members' names are printed in the commencement (graduation) program.
- Résumé building—add Honors/Awards section and highlight Tau Sigma National Honor Society.
- Opportunity to apply for Tau Sigma scholarship opportunities.
- Opportunity to apply to participate in a future national Tau Sigma leadership conference.
- Additional mentorship and community service opportunities.
2022–2023 Wright State Chapter Officers
- President: April Erion
- Vice President: TBD
- Treasurer: Maddie Risner
- Secretary: TBD
- Online Community Chair: TBD
- Social Media: TBD
- Chapter Advisor: Hideo Tsuchida, Director of Articulation, Transfer, & Institutional Partnerships
- Must be a transfer student from another academic institution.
- Must be registered in a course of study leading to a bachelor's degree for an amount of work equal to an average full load (12 or more semester hours).
- Membership in Tau Sigma is based upon superior academic achievement by Wright State students at the end of their first term. (Only credit hours that count toward a bachelor's degree can be used to determine Tau Sigma eligibility).
- An academic cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher during the term in question.
- Academic eligibility is obtained on the grades at the end of one full semester of enrollment. Eligibility is limited to the first term of enrollment at Wright State.
Lifetime membership dues are $50.