Transfer students like you are an integral part of the Wright State community. More than 75 percent of last year's graduating class had tsome transfer credit. No matter your background or experience, there is a path forward to graduation at Wright State. Whether you’ve transferred from a community college or another university or if you want to return to college and complete your degree, we are here to assist you. See why more than 1,500 new transfer students choose Wright State every year.
- Seamless academic pathways and local community colleges partnerships
- Special scholarship opportunities for transfer students
- Professional academic advisors to assist in reviewing your prior coursework and advising you for classes
- Real-world work experience and internships as well as opportunities to get involved on campus
- Affordable Wright State education
- 150 undergraduate programs
- 700-plus veterans or military-connected students
The Transfer, Transition, and Orientation team is here to assist you in your transition to Wright State! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 937-775-4830, request information, or come visit us in 138 Student Union.
See the steps to help you know what credits will apply toward your Wright State degree.
Sign up for the Wright Path program. Take courses guaranteed to appy to your bachelor's degree, get access to important Wright State services, and earn scholarships—all while you are still at your community college.
Maximize your academic journey while taking courses that apply directly to your bachelor’s degree program.
Meet with an academic advisor, complete an informal credit evaluation, get answers from the Transfer Center staff, and take a campus tour.
Apply to Wright State
Submit your transcript as early as possible. Your options are:
- Submit an official transcript even if your current semester courses are not listed. This allows us to begin posting your credits to your Wright State record.
- Submit an unofficial transcript to be considered for admission. Credits will not be posted to your record until we receive your official transcript.
How to submit the required documentation
- Online: Many academic institutions will send official transcripts electronically through a secure server. We will accept these transcripts from the academic institution. If an email address is required they can be sent to email@example.com
- By mail:
- Wright State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
- Wright State University
When transferring fewer than 30 semester hours, submit your high school transcript.
Once you're admitted
View the admitted students checklist
2006 Wright State graduate Reza Masoudi and his wife, Bahar, saw their dress-making business take off after the exiled empress of Iran wore one of their creations.
Mass communication student Brody Beaver has enlisted in the Air Force, is in the Ohio Air National Guard, has his private pilot’s license, studies aviation history and takes photos using drones.
Tell us about who you are, what you are interested in, and which majors you're looking into. We will give you answers, invite you to events, and send you emails with important dates and deadlines.