- All individual nominees must have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Student nominees must have been registered Wright State students during the 2021–2022 academic year.
- Student organization nominees must currently be registered with the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership.
- One nominator may nominate multiple individuals or groups for awards; however, each nomination must have its own nomination form with a unique submission form.
- Students may submit nominations for themselves and/or organizations they are a member of.
- Nominations should provide as much detailed information about the nominee as possible. Information should pertain to the 2021–2022 academic year and/or events and activities that have occurred since the 2021 Student Leadership Awards.
- Keep in mind that quality, not quantity, goes a long way! The more you can specifically identify why this person deserves to win a specific award, the easier it is for the selection committee to review your nominee.
Submit a Nomination
The deadline for nominations for the 2021 Student Leadership Awards has passed.
It is a tremendous honor and privilege to write this nomination of Outstanding Student for the Student Leadership Award. Without a doubt, Outstanding Student epitomizes the very best of our campus, and his/her/their value to our community is unmatched. I have now known Outstanding Student for two years. As a faculty member in his/her/their area of study, I am very familiar with the quality of his/her/their mind and academic ability. My numerous interactions/discussions with him/her/them have allowed him/her/their to demonstrate his/her/their sharp mind, curiosity, eagerness to learn, and first-rate written and oral communication skills. Colleagues who have had the pleasure of working with Outstanding Student in their classrooms all remark on his/her/their academic abilities and praise his/her/their classroom contributions. Thus, it came as no surprise to me that Outstanding Student is being considered for a Student Leadership Award.
While his/her/their academic achievement is indeed noteworthy, I have also been impressed by Outstanding Student’s work ethic and drive. Outstanding Student has been front and center in many of the initiatives moving student life forward at our university. His/her/their fellow group members trust Outstanding Student implicitly and have entrusted many organization endeavors and programs to him/her/them. This is in no way typical but is a testament to the character and drive of this individual. To recognize his/her/their many contributions and the quality of his/her/their work, Outstanding Student was recently elected to lead the organization for the upcoming academic year.
Still, his/her/their stellar academic performance and exceptional service as a student leader only speak to a small part of who Outstanding Student is. No small part of what makes him/her/them special is his/her/their commitment to service to both the campus and the community in which he/she/they lives. Indeed, as I have come to know more about this remarkable student, I have become all the more impressed and humbled. Outstanding Student gives of himself/herself/themselves on an order of magnitude equaled by few.
Outstanding Student's list of campus activities/initiatives is a long and noteworthy one. All of these activities reflect Outstanding Student’s innate leadership abilities and eagerness to assume leadership responsibilities. Indeed, in recognition of his/her/their notable academic and leadership work, Outstanding Student was recently invited to join the Prestigious Honor Society. In his/her/their “spare” time, Outstanding Student has also managed to find the energy to volunteer at Local Non-profit, Noteworthy Campus Department, and Impressive National Campaign. In this capacity, Outstanding Student worked directly with the homeless and provided support, companionship, and service to our community. And because this isn’t enough to keep him/her/them busy, Outstanding Student also continues to pursue experiential educational opportunities through a comprehensive internship with High-Profile Employer.
Beyond any shadow of a doubt, Outstanding Student stands well apart from most of his/her/their peers in terms of commitment to academic achievement/service and the leadership that he/she/they exhibit. Our campus is undeniably a better place because of him/her/them and his/her/their actions, and he/she/they fully embraces and epitomizes our ideal for engaged learning and community impact. I strongly recommend Outstanding Student for your consideration.
For additional information, please contact:
Office of Student Involvement and Leadership