If an explosion occurs in your area:
- Remain calm.
- Call 911 on campus phone or (419) 586-7724 on cell or off campus phone.
- If the odor of natural gas is present, evacuate immediately. (See Evacuation Procedures)
- Beware of damaged areas and the potential for falling objects.
- Open doors carefully.
- DO NOT use elevators.
- DO NOT move seriously injured persons unless danger is immediate.
- DO NOT enter any building that is deemed or looks unsafe.
- DO NOT place yourself in harms way. If it is safe to do so, help people who are trapped and assist people with disabilities. Get help from people in the area.
- Avoid electrical equipment.
- DO NOT use phones, matches, or lighters.
- Follow instructions given by emergency response personnel.