Reporting an Emergency
Dialing 911 from any campus telephone will connect with University Police. To contact University Police from a cell phone, dial 937-775-2111.
Note: If 911 is dialed from a cell phone, you will be connected with Off-Campus emergency responders.
Consider: Programming your cell phone to speed dial University Police at 937-775-2111.
Emergency Telephones On Campus
- Push the red button on any “yellow” emergency telephone located inside buildings.
- Push the Talk Button on any “blue light” emergency telephone located throughout the campus grounds.
- State your emergency and your name.
- Follow the instructions given by the dispatcher.
Note: University Police will be immediately dispatched to the location of a activated yellow or blue light emergency telephone.
Fire Alarm pull stations are intended to report a possible fire in a building.
If you pull a fire alarm:
- Meet first responders at the entrance to the building and inform them of the emergency.
- Staff should notify their supervisor as soon as possible.
Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Stations
Automated External Defibrillator (AED) stations are intended for a response to cardiac arrest victims.
If you open an AED station:
- Have someone wait at the AED station to meet first responders and direct them to the victim.
Note: University Police will be immediately dispatched to the location of an activated AED station.