Reporting an Emergency
Dialing 911 from any campus telephone will connect you with Mercer County Dispatch.
Dial 419-586-7724 to contact Mercer County Dispatch from a cell phone.
Consider: Programming your cell phone to speed-dial Mercer County Dispatch 419-586-7724
- Phones located in classrooms and hallways can be used to dial 911 directly.
- Remain calm and tell the dispatcher:
- The nature and location of the emergency
- Your name and location
- Follow the instructions given by the dispatcher.
Fire Alarm pull stations are intended to report a possible fire in a building.
If you pull a fire alarm:
- Meet first responders at the entrance to the building and inform them of the emergency.
- STAFF: Contact your supervisor as soon as possible if you activate a fire alarm.
Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Stations
If you open an AED station:
- A local alarm will sound. Send someone to call 911.
- Have someone wait at the AED station to meet first responders and direct them to the victim.