Emergency Supply Kits
Everyone should prepare an Emergency Supply Kit to assist them through a crisis. Not all services and items will be immediately available following a large emergency.
You should consider having an emergency supply kit in your home, office, and/or residence hall. Having acquired all items listed below, the supply kit will weigh approximately 6 lbs. The Emergency Supply Kit bag (contents not included) is free to all Wright State faculty, staff, and students at the Office of the President/Emergency Management in University Hall 250, while supplies last.
General Supply List
- Bottled water (at least 2 bottles)
- Pop-top Canned/packaged food
- Radio (extra batteries if not hand crank)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, comb/brush)
- First aid kit
- Blanket (emergency type)
- Hand sanitizer
- Latex/vinyl gloves
- Dust mask
- Eye glasses/contact lens, solution, and an extra case
- Extra cell phone charger or portable charger
- Infant supplies
- Pet food and extra water
- Special accommodation items
If you are a commuter student, you should also have the following in addition to the list above:
Additional Items for Commuter Students and Employees
- Jumper cables
- Ice scraper
- Seat belt cutter
- Window breaker/emergency hammer
*Items will degrade in hot vehicles. Change out contents every 6 months.
If you need to evacuate your dorm room during an emergency, take your emergency supply kit with you. Remember to take your keys, identification, wallet/purse, and cell phone.