On this page:
The gym accommodates climbers of all levels from beginner to advanced. The gym has eight top rope sites and several routes per rope at all times. For those not interested in roping up, there is also a 14-foot bouldering wall.
Sign in at the Outdoor Resource Center, 037 Student Union
Spring Semester Hours
- Monday: 3 - 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: 3 - 7 p.m.
- Thursday: 3 - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 12 - 7 p.m.
Closed during holidays, university breaks, and exam week
Students and fitness center members. Guest memberships are also available. All guests must be accompanied by a student or current fitness center member.
All equipment needed to climb at our gym is available onsite.
- Harnesses are available at no cost in the Outdoor Resource Center.
- Shoe rentals cost $1.
- Gri Gri’s are the only belay devices permitted, and you must use ours.
- Liquid chalk is permitted. No loose chalk.
Free Climbing Shoe Rentals:
- Monday: Freshmen and Sophomores
- Tuesday: Juniors and Seniors
- Thursday: Graduate Students
Or, receive one free shoe rental if you show us you liked our social media pages or joined our Discord!
Schedule at Climbing Gym.
FREE for Wright State students.
The indoor climbing facility is FREE for students and fitness center members. The daily guest fee is $5. All guests must be accompanied by a student or current fitness center member. Children 12 and under climb free with a student or fitness center member and must be accompanied by an adult.
Groups may reserve the climbing wall during hours the wall is not open. Reservations should be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
|Wright State Pricing
Discounts may be available dependent on the number of current Wright State belay certified members in your group.
The first time you climb in the Campus Recreation Climbing Gym, you are required to sign a risk waiver. You must be 18 years or older to sign the waiver or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. A picture identification card with your birth date listed is required to sign the waiver; your Wright1 Card is also required to be shown at your initial visit. The first time you climb with us, we will issue you a personal climbing card. Each time you come and climb you will check in at the Outdoor Resource Center to pick up your card. If you choose not to wear climbing shoes, you must wear close-toed athletic shoes. If you wear Wright State climbing shoes, you must wear/bring socks.
- After you have registered to climb in our gym, you will be issued a Red Card. Every time you come to climb, your Red Card will be hole-punched.
- After climbing three times, you will be required to take a free belay class.
- Upon completion of the belay class, you will take a belay test. If you don't pass the belay test, you may re-test at least 24 hours later.
- When you pass the belay test, you will receive a Yellow Card.
- With your Yellow Card, you will belay a patron properly five times while a staff member oversees.
- After five proper belays, you receive a Green Card.
- A Green Card means you can belay others in the Climbing Gym during open hours without staff overseeing. Yay!