On this page:
About the Fitness Center
The Fitness Center, one of Campus Recreation's primary facilities, is located in the lower level of the Student Union. It features a wide variety of options available to fit anyone's recreational and exercise needs. It features state-of-the-art equipment and features enough space to accommodate all kinds of different activities. This facility requires membership.
The CREC Fitness Center has a wide variety of equipment, including, but not limited to:
- Cardio Equipment (arc trainers, elliptical trainers, AMT's, treadmills, stationary bikes, etc.)
- Plate-loaded and Selectorized Equipment
- Free Weights
- Students: All current students have free access to the recreation center by presenting their valid Wright1 Card.
- Faculty, Staff, and Retirees: Faculty, staff, and retirees will be required to pay a fee for use of the recreation facilities. Retirees must be current members of the Retiree Association.
- Alumni Association Gold Members and Wright State Affiliates: Alumni must be current gold members of the Alumni Association and present valid Wright1 Card identification. For more information, call the Alumni Association at 937-775-2620.
- Family Members: Qualifying student, faculty, staff, retiree, Alumni Association gold members, and Wright State affiliate family members over the age of 16 may purchase a recreation center membership. Qualifying family members under the age of 16 may use the pool if accompanied by a member. Family membership includes a spouse or significant other, or children 16 and older residing at home. For liability and safety reasons, children under the age of 16 are not included in family memberships. Rates for membership are sold per person.
Classification for all Wright1 Cards will be determined by the Wright1 Card Center. Valid Wright1 Cards must be obtained prior to purchasing a membership at the Recreation Desk. Guests staying in on-campus housing that are not able to obtain a valid Wright1 card may purchase a guest pass at the Recreation Desk by providing proof they are staying in guest housing.
Individuals must be 16 years of age or older to use the Fitness Center. Those individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proper athletic attire is required. No boots, flip flops, open-toed shoes, dress shoes, pants with rivets or zippers, half shirts, cut-off shirts, etc.
- All personal belongings must be stored in a locker. Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Equipment use is based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- There is a 30 minute maximum on all machines when there are people waiting.
- Allow others to work in when performing multiple sets.
- Participants are expected to act responsibly and respect the rights of others.
- Please wipe down all equipment after use. Do not spray cleaner directly onto machines.
- Free weight equipment must remain in the free weight area. Please return it to its proper place after use.
- The improper use of equipment is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to standing on equipment, standing on weights, weight stacking or top loading.
- The use of collars is mandatory.
- The following items are prohibited in the Fitness Center:
- Food, beverages, chewing gum, and tobacco. Water in a plastic container with a lid is permitted in all activity areas.
- Power lifts (clean, clean-jerk, snatch, etc)
- Weights or other equipment brought in from the outside with the exception of weight gloves, belts, etc.
- Slamming or dropping of weights
- Personal training conducted by anyone other than a Campus Recreation employee
Wright State University is not responsible for any injury or accident resulting from the improper or unauthorized use of the equipment or facility.
We recommend that each participant consults with a physician prior to beginning an exercise and/or diet program.