On this page:
- About Group Fitness
- Available To
- Access and Participation
- Course Descriptions
- Rec Fit Outreach
About Group Fitness
Group fitness classes are the perfect way to fit in your daily dose of exercise. Join us for Cycle Fit, Circuit Training, Yoga, and more! Our diverse schedule has something for everyone—from the novice exerciser to the varsity athlete. All sessions are conducted in our group fitness studios.
Students and recreation center members. Guest memberships are also available. All guests must be accompanied by a student or current recreation center member.
Group fitness classes are FREE for Wright State students and recreation center members.
Guests are permitted with the purchase of a membership or a one-day pass. Daily passes can be purchased at the Rec Desk for $5 plus tax.
View membership information and pricing for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and Wright State affiliates.
Access and Participation
Participation is easy!
- Sign in prior to every session on IMLeagues.com.
- All sessions first come, first served.
To access these classes, you will need to sign in to imleagues.com. Video tutorial: making a reservation
- To log in, search Wright State University and sign in using your Campus Username (w001abc)
- Select the “Fitness and Wellness” tab
- Search and register for the classes you desire
If you have any questions, please contact Program Director, Campus Recreation email@example.com
To view each class please visit IMLeagues.com
Printable Group Fitness Class Schedule (PDF)
Note: Class offerings change each semester based on instructor availability.
- Boxing: This high intensity class will keep you moving through a variety of single, partner and group exercises.
- Barre Blend: Ballet-inspired moves with elements of Pilates, dance, yoga and strength training. This class is suitable for fitness abilities through low impact exercises.
- Cardio Dance: A 30-minute express class that dances your heart rate up! Have fun while exercising and follow along with an instructor. No dance background needed.
- Cycle: Indoor fitness cycling. Rides include a variety of drills that simulate outdoor cycling. Suitable for all fitness abilities. New participants should arrive at class a few minutes early for assistance with bike set up.
- Cycle Sculpt: Offers the best of both worlds –aerobic conditioning on the bike and resistance exercise off the bike!
- Circuit Training: Burn through functional movements to receive a full body strength and cardio workout. This class is a mix of everything-TRX, battle ropes, kettlebells, dumbbells, etc.! Learn to move your body as a unit, exercise with a purpose and improve your athleticism! All fitness levels and experience are welcome.
- HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training
- HtW: Hit the Weights (HtW) is a lifting program designed for all genders and provides a safe and positive learning environment that welcomes all fitness levels and ages. Break fears, prejudices, and myths of genders in weightlifting and become stronger alongside a group of powerful people willing to better themselves physically. An experienced, knowledgeable personal trainer will teach you safe and effective weightlifting form while also providing motivation and guidance.
- Kick Boxing: This total body fitness class will train you through a variety of movements with kicking and boxing motions.
- Pilates: Based on Joseph Pilates’ principles of Contrology, this class offers a core-focused workout that will help to improve posture and mobility of the spine and hips. Flexibility exercises are also included.
- SWERK: SWERK pairs upbeat dance routines with pop and hip-hop music. You’ll get a great workout while moving to some of your favorite songs. Be prepared to sweat!!
- TRX: Born in the Navy SEALs, TRX Suspension Training is a system that leverages your own body weight against gravity to create a comprehensive total body workout. Develop strength, balance, flexibility, and core stability all in one workout. In this class, your body is the machine!
- Women on Weights: Women on Weights (W.O.W) is a lifting program designed for women. W.O.W provides a safe and positive learning environment that welcomes all fitness levels and ages. Break fears, prejudices, and myths of women weightlifting and become stronger alongside a group of powerful women. An experienced, knowledgeable personal trainer will teach you safe and effective weightlifting form while also providing motivation and guidance.
- Yoga: Improve flexibility, strength, and balance in a moving meditation. Move through various standing, seated, forward bending, and balancing poses. Suitable for a variety of fitness levels.
- Zumba: Fitness class inspired by Latin Dance. Move to hypnotic musical rhythms while learning fun dance moves. Plus, you’ll get a fantastic workout! This class is fun and easy to do. No dance experience is needed.
Rec Fit Outreach
Interested in having a Recreation Fit instructor visit your office, residence hall, or student group? Rec Fit Outreach is available for private group fitness sessions. We can bring our group fitness program to you or book one of our studios for your group. The outreach fee is $25 per hour. Call 937-775-5505 to schedule a session for your group, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.