On this page:
The Student Union Swimming Pool is located on the lower level of the Student Union in room 096. The only aquatic facility on campus, this facility is home to Kinesiology and Health, rec fit water classes, open swim, and intramural sports.
The CREC Swimming Pool features the following:
- Six 25 yard lanes
- Available for open swim—see the CREC Calendar for availability and special closings
- Limited time available to special campus group activities ($15 per hour, per lifeguard)
- Lifeguards on duty at all times
Please note that the diving well is closed from 1–8 p.m. every Sunday.
Wright State students, faculty, staff, and affiliates
The pool requires membership and may be accessed by checking in at the Recreation Desk at 090 Student Union with a valid Wright1 Card.
General Pool Rules
- Admission to the aquatic facility will be refused to anyone appearing to have a contagious or infectious condition, such as a cold, athlete’s foot, ringworm, boils and other skin infections.
- Food is not permitted on the pool deck or in the locker rooms.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted in the building. Any patron found to be intoxicated will be asked to leave immediately.
- Beverages are permitted on the pool deck in plastic or paper containers.
- Chewing gum and beverages are not permitted in the pool.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the locker rooms or on the pool deck.
- Running in the hallways, stairwells, and pool deck is not permitted.
- Spitting, blowing the nose or urinating in the pools is forbidden.
- Please refrain from using inappropriate or abusive language.
- Young children, infants, and others not in control of bodily functions must wear plastic pants or swim diapers designed specifically for pool use.
- The staff is here to help make your event as safe as possible. Swimming is an inherently dangerous activity. Your adherence to these rules is necessary in order to minimize the risks involved in this activity.
- Lifeguards are responsible for the safety of all swimmers. Please follow their instructions.
- Swim only when a lifeguard is on duty. All children 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Children 5 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- All swimmers must wear proper swimming attire. Cut-off's, gym shorts, leotards and other street clothes are not permitted in the pool. Goggles are recommended.
- The lifeguards may test any ones swimming ability.
- In an emergency, when you hear one long blast of a whistle, stop whatever you are doing and follow the lifeguard’s instructions.
- In shallow water, less than 6 feet in depth, only feet first entries are permitted.
- Rough play, horseplay, chicken fights, and throwing people into the pool from the pool deck, are not permitted.
- We permit only U.S. Coast Guard approved floatation devices in the pool.
- Kickboards, noodles and aqua vests are available for use. Please return items to the storage bin after use.
- The starting blocks, trampoline, and dry board are restricted to use by the Wright State University Swimming & Diving Team members only.
- The lane lines and poles in the water are not to be climbed on, pulled on or sat on, they will break.
- Any conduct determined by lifeguards to jeopardize the health and safety of pool users is prohibited. Lifeguards have the authority to ask a swimmer to leave the pool area if the swimmer fails to follow the rules.
- Use of the three-meter board is prohibited unless prior permission is granted from the Associate Director of Campus Recreation.
- Individuals must be able to swim without assistance prior to using the board. The lifeguards may test swimming ability prior to use of the diving boards.
- Only one person is permitted on the diving board at a time. Additional divers should wait at the bottom of the ladder.
- Be sure that the area in front of the diving board is clear before diving.
- Only one bounce on the board is permitted.
- Dive straight off the end of the board.
- Swim immediately to the nearest ladder or side of the pool to exit the water after each dive. Do not swim in front of another diver.
- Dangerous dives, chain dives, backward dives and rough play are not permitted on the diving boards.
- Adjustments to the fulcrum are not permitted. The fulcrum should remain at the frontmost position for all recreational purposes.