The Student Union gym is located on the lower level of the Student Union past the Climbing Wall and Outdoor Resource Center. The only gym on main campus, this facility is used for open recreation, adapted recreation programming, sports club activities and special events. The standard configuration for this space is one large basketball or one large volleyball court, however, it can be divided into two smaller courts.
All open recreation users are required to show a valid Wright1 Card at the Recreation Desk prior to entering the gymnasium. Once the Wright1 Card is validated, participants will receive a wristband that will allow them access to the gymnasium. Individuals will not be permitted into the gymnasium during open recreation without this wristband.
Registered student organizations are able to reserve the gymnasium on a first come, first serve basis by filling out a facility reservation request form at the Recreation Desk.
Always check the CREC Calendar for operational hours, special closings, and events.
- No food or drink allowed in the gymnasium. Water is permissible but must have a cap.
- Users may not use any equipment in the room without the written permission of the Associate or Assistant Director of Campus Recreation.
- Groups must provide their own sound equipment if necessary.
- Athletic, dance or ballet shoes ONLY (no boots, dress shoes, or black soled shoes). Campus Recreation reserves the right to make the final decision on footwear.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.