- Follow Wright State social media accounts. The more followers we have, the more credibility and respect the accounts get from the platforms. View the directory at wright.edu/social. You can click through and follow accounts directly from there.
- Retweet or share our posts. This gains far more visibility for the messages than simply liking or favoriting the content.
- Tag Wright State accounts in your posts that relate to the university. This helps others more easily see how to connect with us.
- Comment on Wright State posts. The more you comment—especially on Facebook and Instagram—the more their algorithms will allow our content to be seen.
- Regularly interact with the accounts and posts. Rather than sharing a lot at once, try to share a post each time you log in. This will help our content stay top-of-mind and not get lost in the volume and algorithms.
- Add your own validation to the content you share from Wright State. Preface the post with your own experience relating to the story or message.
- Be proactive; don’t wait for our posts. If you see a story about Wright State from other sources, share it and tag us in it so we can see it too.
- Stand up for Wright State. If you see someone making false claims or badmouthing the university, counter it with good news or links to clear up the misunderstanding. If nothing else, ask them WHY they feel that way. You can also send a link and/or screenshot of the post to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may engage or monitor.
- Tag influencers in Wright State content. If you know a particular school, guidance office, mayor, chamber of commerce, etc., would find value in the story or message, tag them or share the post to their account(s).
- Be proud. People need repetition to believe you truly care. Don’t assume that by posting once, people will take your word on it. Consistent positive messaging shows that you are sincerely proud of Wright State.
Have questions? Would you like to learn more?
Email Social Media Program Director Katie Halberg at email@example.com.