Through the UCIE International Friendship Program, you can get connected with an American friend and experience local outings, American culture, American holidays, and more. Join today!
How do I apply?
- Step 1: Submit an International Friendship Program Application.
- Step 2: Once your application is approved, attend an orientation session on campus.
- Step 3: Enjoy getting to know your American host!
Choose between these two programs:
- Semester Long Hosting- Meet with your American host once a month throughout the semester. Deadline for Fall 2018 Semester Long Hosting: Friday, August 31, 2018.
- One Time Holiday Hosting-Meet with your American host once a semester during a holiday (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.). Deadline: 2 weeks before each holiday.
What is not expected of me?
- Attending events that conflict with your schedule.
- Attending any event that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Asking for housing. Please note this is not a live-in program.
- Asking for financial assistance. Your host is not expected to help you financially in any way.
- Asking for academic support. Your host is not expected to tutor you. If you need any support, please contact the UCIE office.
How long is the commitment?
- One semester, but can be extended.
What’s in it for me?
- Learn more about American culture.
- Get connected and network with the local community.
- Make American friends.
- Practice your conversational English skills.
- Share your culture with your American host.
*Please be advised, submitting an application does not guarantee you a spot in the UCIE International Friendship Program.