The Mission of the University Center for International Education is to act as a catalyst for the comprehensive internationalization of Wright State University. The UCIE facilitates an environment where students, faculty, and staff have increased opportunities to gain international understanding and intercultural competence through learning, engagement, and experience. The UCIE seeks to achieve its mission by serving as the focal point of international education in all forms for Wright State by:
- Coordinating the efforts to recruit, admit, and advise international students and scholars and assist them in achieving academic and personal success.
- Promoting cross-cultural understanding by developing and coordinating exchange and study abroad opportunities for Wright State students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborating with academic departments and global partners to internationalize the curriculum, develop joint academic programs and seek external funding to support new international initiatives.
- Collaborating with community, state and national governments, businesses and NGOs on international issues and opportunities.
- Managing Wright State compliance with federal regulations and best practices for immigration, education abroad and all other aspects of international affairs.