International Student Resource GuideThe International Resource Guide includes a review of the information presented at international student orientation.
On this page:
Fill out the Arrival Notification form to let us know about your arrival plans. Our staff will reach out to you for assistance once the form is completed.
The UCIE orientation will be on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, in the Student Union building and it is mandatory. More information regarding location and time will be sent to your Wright State email. If you have any questions regarding the orientation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for your classes, check your email, or log into Pilot, you will need to have your "w" username and password. This information can be accessed on your admissions portal.
Your immigration check-in process will be conducted electronically.
Do not complete the check-in process until AFTER your arrival in the United States, as it requires information from our most recent I94 entrance information.
After the review, your check-in hold will be removed, and you will be notified via email that you can register for classes.
The UCIE office has teamed up with the Dayton International Airport (DAY)'s exclusive Taxi service, Dayton Express Cab Co. to provide you with FREE transportation from the Dayton International Airport to campus or to your apartment/hotel. This free service is ONLY available from the Dayton airport. You will be responsible for finding your own transportation if your arrival is from another airport. If you prefer to take an Uber or Lyft, you will be responsible for covering the cost on your own.
How to take a Dayton Express Cab Co. Taxi from the airport:
Once you have picked up your luggage from the luggage claim, exit the terminal. Look for the Taxi valet booth directly in front of the terminal. Talk to the attendant and explain that you are a NEW student at Wright State University.. You must show the following documents to the attendant to ensure they do not charge you:
- Photo ID (passport is okay)
- A copy of your admission letter (physical copy or electronic copy located on your admissions portal) stating that you are a new student for the given semester
Most of our international students live in Forest Lane, University Park and College Park apartments. All these options and more can be found on the housing website.
Sign up for Fall and Spring & get July free!
Sign up for the full academic year (2 semesters) & indicate the preferred floorplan, choose between either a four-person quad or a 6 person double occupancy quad in University Park. With this option, residents can move in any time after July 22 at no additional cost. Visit the housing website for application information. Note: all applications require a $100 prepayment for the fall semester.
- 4 person quad apartment | $2187 housing + $60 residential fee + $200 telecom = $2447 per semester
- 6 person quad double occupancy room | $1275 housing + $60 residential fee + $200 telecom = $1535 per semester
- 6 person quad single occupancy room | $1750 housing + $60 residential fee + $200 telecom = $2010 per semester
Opt for a 30-day guest housing stay in a four-person quad. Arrive any time in July, the arrival date starts the 30-day clock. Typically, guest housing residents are required to pay a $250 deposit, this requirement will be waived. Residents pay a flat rate of $650 rent, due before arrival. The online application will be available starting July 1.
Option to stay for the semester, after a 30-day initial commitment.
If a temporary resident decides they want to stay beyond their 30-day guest housing commitment, then they'd submit a standard housing application and would then be billed the pro-rated remainder of the semester through their WINGS account. This amount will vary depending on the arrival date; essentially, residents would be billed the daily rate for the days in July or August that they arrived prior to the semester officially starting. Note: this option may require the resident to move into a different apartment if not all roommates elect to stay.
For a list of some off-campus housing options see below:
- Apartments within walking distance to campus
- Apartments located further away from campus
- Community Facebook Group to find roommates/housing accommodations: "WSU-UCIE Roommate Requests."
Students who do not have housing secured at the time of arrival can look into the hotel options around Wright State:
- Wingate by Wyndham- 3055 Presidential Drive, Fairborn, OH 45324 (Ask for WSU rate-$75 per night)
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel- 3845 Germany Lane. Beavercreek, OH
- Holiday Inn- 2800 President Dr., Fairborn OH 45324
- Fairfield Inn- 2500 Paramount Place, Fairborn OH 45324
- Studio Plus- 3131 Presidential Dr., Fairborn OH
- Red Roof Inn- 2580 Col. Glenn Hwy. Fairborn, OH 45324