Connect with a WSU international student/scholar and have a global experience in your own home and city!
What is the application process?
- Step 1: Submit an International Friendship Program Application.
- Step 2: Once your application is approved, attend a 20 minute orientation session on campus.
- Step 3: Enjoy getting to know your matched student/scholar!
Choose between two tracks:
- Semester Long Hosting- Meet with your matched student/scholar once a month throughout the semester. Deadline for Fall 2018 Semester Long Hosting: Friday, August 31, 2018.
- One Time Holiday Hosting-Meet with your matched student/scholar once a semester during a holiday (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.). Deadline: 2 weeks before each Holiday.
What is not expected of me?
- Housing: This is not a live-in program.
- Financial Assistance: You are not expected to help the student/scholar financially in any way.
- Academic Support: You are not expected to tutor the student/scholar. If the student/scholar asks for such support, please refer them to the UCIE office.
- Transportation: Please note that many international students do not have vehicles. You are not expected to provide transportation, but you are welcome to if you are able.
How long is the commitment?
- One semester, but can be extended.
What’s in it for me?
- Have a global experience in your home and city
- Experience cross cultural relationships
- Develop intercultural competence
- Foster friendship, cultural exchange, and hospitality
- Get connected to the WSU international community
- Encourage language skills
*Please be advised, submitting an application does not guarantee you a spot in the UCIE International Friendship Program.