On this page:
if you wish to begin or continue your studies at a community college, then complete your bachelor’s degree at Wright State University, we have a terrific option for you. Wright State has partnered with five area community colleges to provide a pathway in which you will receive support from both schools, ensuring a seamless transition.
Partnership Student Advantages
The advantages to you include:
- You may qualify for automatic Wright State transfer scholarships of up to $3,500 per year.
- Take courses in your academic pathway that apply directly to your bachelor’s degree program.
- A designated academic advisor to assist you on both campuses.
- Take advantage of on-campus support services, resources, student organizations, and activities at Wright State even before you are admitted to a degree program there.
- No additional cost—just sign up!
Partnership Student Opportunities
Your Academic Pathway
Your pathway was designed to ensure the community college courses you take will apply to your degree. You and your academic advisors will work together to develop your degree plan as you follow the articulation agreement for your intended Wright State major.
Student Resources and Programs Early Access
You will enjoy early access to resources and student involvement opportunities at Wright State.
- Student Support Services
- Use of Wright State’s Dunbar Library and campus technology
- Access to and support from the Veteran and Military Center
- Joint academic advising
- Campus Life
- Use the Wright State Wright1 Card. It provides access to campus services and discounts at local participating restaurants.
- Attend Wright State campus events
- Purchase a discounted membership to the Wright State Fitness Center
- Pursue your interests in one of Wright State’s student organizations
- Choose from one of Wright State’s many campus housing options. You will also be able to participate in a meal plan
- Enroll in classes at any of the partner community colleges. See enrollment/application and academic advising contacts for each college.
- Go to the appropriate page for your community college and complete the partnership form. Please note your intended Wright State major and the term you intend to begin studying at Wright State.
- We will inform you of the status of your application. We review applications on the 1st and 15th of each month, and will contact you when our partner institution has verified you as an enrolled student.
Once you have been accepted into the program, you will receive an email with your Student Partnership Guide. Look for other emails from Wright State that will provide you with information, updates, news, and opportunities.
All partnership students are expected to follow and abide by the Student Code of Conduct while on campus at both Wright State and at their community college. In the enforcement of the code, all students minimally will have the right to receive notice of the alleged violation(s) and the time, date, and location of the opportunity to respond to the alleged violation(s).
- Enroll in classes at any of the partner community colleges. See enrollment, application and academic advising contacts for each college.
- Meet with financial aid on your community college campus to understand your available housing funds. If your financial aid will not cover Wright State housing, you may still apply for Wright State housing and pay Wright State directly.
- Apply for housing at Wright State.
- To be eligible for Wright State housing, you must be in good financial, academic, and judicial standing at your partner community college and Wright State.
We are excited to welcome you to the Wright State community! We have a couple of tips to make your transfer process easier:
- You do not need to wait until you graduate from your community college to apply to Wright State. Apply early in your final semester at your community college.
- Our staff in the Transfer Center is ready to assist you. Contact us at email@example.com or (937) 775-4830.
- Check out our transfer scholarship options.
- If you are a fall transfer student who intends to apply for Wright State’s competitive scholarships, you must apply one year before the fall semester you will attend. Complete the ONE Scholarship application by the January deadline. Only admitted students are able to access the ONE Scholarship Application.
- Complete your next steps in transferring to Wright State.
What about my school?
Do not worry if you do not see a partnership program with your school. Wright State takes credits from all regionally accredited institutions. Advisors in the Transfer Center can help you determine a pathway through your community college that is efficient and productive for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.