On this page:
We offer you a great opportunity to begin your studies at a community college, then complete your bachelor’s degree at Wright State. We have partnered with five area community colleges to provide a program where you will receive support from both schools, ensuring a seamless transition.
The Wright Path Partnership Advantages:
- You may qualify for automatic Wright State transfer scholarships of up to $3,500 per year.
- Take courses in your academic pathway that apply directly to your bachelor’s degree program.
- Meet with a designated academic advisors to assist you on both campuses.
- Take advantage of on-campus support services, resources, student organizations, and activities at Wright State before you are admitted to a degree program here.
- No additional cost—just sign up!
The Wright Path Partnership has two options:
- An academic transfer pathway that provides you with a pathway to a bachelor's degree at Wright State through a series of courses guaranteed to apply to a Wright State degree. You will also receive access to Wright State services and programs, including academic advising, the Dunbar Library, and Wright State technology.
- A Wright State on-campus housing option at Wright State if you are enrolled for six or more credit hours at a community college partner.
You can select one or both programs or change your selection at any point after consulting with your advisors.
Partnership Student Opportunities
All Wright Path Partnership students enjoy early access to resources and student involvement opportunities at Wright State.
Student Support Services
- Use of Wright State's Dunbar Library and campus technology.
- Access and support from the Veteran and Military Center.
- Joint academic advising from Wright State and your community college.
- Use of a Wright1 Card to access campus services and discounts at local participating restaurants.
- Attend Wright State campus events.
- Purchase a discounted membership to the Wright State Fitness Center.
- Pursue your interests in a Wright State student organization.
Your Academic Transfer Pathway Program
Your pathway was designed to ensure the community college courses you take will apply to your degree. Staying on track while pursuing your degree is the key to your academic success. Pathways/articulation (transfer) agreements are a significant part of the partnership program. Following this pathway for your major will maximize your transfer credits.
You and your academic advisors will work together to develop your degree plan as you follow the articulation agreement for your intended Wright State major.
Your Wright State On-Campus Housing
Wright State on-campus housing is open to any students enrolled at one of our partnership institutions. You do not need to participate in the academic transfer pathway program to live on-campus at Wright State. Housing options include apartments and traditional residence halls. You can also participate in a meal plan at Wright State. To be eligible for housing or a meal plan, you must be in good financial, academic, and judicial standing at your partner community college and Wright State.
Housing Payment Options
- If you are approved for federal financial aid through your partner institution, your student account at your community college will be billed for the Wright State housing either in full or partially depending on the amount of aid received. If partially, you will be billed for the remaining self-pay portion by Wright State. Any adjustments to financial aid throughout the term (enrollment changes, status changes, FAFSA changes, etc.) could have an impact on the amount you pay and the billing process.
- If you are 100 percent self-paying your bills, you will be billed directly by Wright State on a monthly basis.
- Enroll in classes at any of the partner community colleges. Go to the application and see academic advising contacts for each college. Select your community college and complete the partnership form.
- On the form, select your choice of Wright Path Partnership options. You may select one or both and may change your selection at any time.
- Academic Transfer Pathway Program
- Wright State On-Campus Housing Program
We review applications on the first and fifteenth of each month and will contact you when our partner institution has verified you as an enrolled student.
Once you have been accepted into the program, you will receive an email with your student partnership guide. Look for other emails from Wright State that will provide you with information, updates, news, and opportunities.
All partnership students are expected to follow and abide by the Code of Student Conduct while on campus at both Wright State and at their community college. In the enforcement of the code, you will have the right to receive notice of the alleged violation(s) and the time, date, and location of the opportunity to respond to the alleged violation(s).
We are excited to welcome you to the Wright State community. We have a few tips to make your transfer process easier.
- You do not need to wait until you graduate from community college to apply to Wright State. Apply early in your final semester at community college.
- Vist the application dates and process page for a complete list of your next steps in transferring to Wright State.
- Visit your community college partnership page for your application fee waiver code.
- Our staff in the Transfer, Transition, and Orientation Center is ready to assist you. Email us at email@example.com or call 937-775-4830.
- Check out our transfer scholarship options.
- If you are a Fall Semester transfer student who intends to apply for one of Wright State's competitive scholarships, you must apply one year before the Fall Semester you will attend. Complete the ONE scholarship application by the January deadline. Only admitted students are able to access the ONE scholarship application.
What about my school?
Do not worry if you do not see a partnership program with your school. Wright State takes credits from all regionally accredited institutions. Advisors in the Transfer, Transition, and Orientation Center can help you determine a pathway through your community college that is efficient and productive for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.