We're excited that you are thinking about coming to Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A.! At Wright State, you can get a excellent, accredited education in an environment with personal support and vibrant student life.
To apply to Wright State University, you must have earned a certificate of completion from a secondary education school that would allow you to attend university in your home country. You should have studied mathematics and science subjects at the secondary level.
Are you currently in high school or other secondary education?
You must have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) and minimum score of English proficiency from one of these tests:
- TOEFL:- 61
- IELTS: 5.5 with no subscore lower than 5.0
- Pearson PTE: 51
- Satisfactory completion of LEAP level 4 TOEFL Waiver Track
- Graduation from an United States high school
Some of our colleges or programs have a higher English proficiency requirement.
- College of Engineering and Computer Science: minimum TOEFL 71
- English major: minimum TOEFL 79; minimum IELTS 6.5 or minimum Pearson 58
Are you an academic transfer student?
- You must have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) on all previous undergraduate work.
- You must have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0) scale from the last college/university that you took nine semester credit (12 quarter hours).
- If you were academically dismissed or suspended students, you are not eligible to enroll at Wright State University for one calendar year from the date of the dismissal.
International applicants who transfer from a U.S. college or university may demonstrate English proficiency by completing 24 hours or more of credit coursework taught in English with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above. You must take at least one course in English composition (the equivalent of Wright State University's English 1100 course) with a C or better.