On this page:
Wright State University's UCIE Graduate Merit Scholarship is merit-based and designed to recognize academically outstanding international students for the 2023–2024 academic year. Scholarships range in value from $2,500 to $5,000 annually. Students can receive these scholarships for a total of 4 semesters of full-time graduate study as long as they continue to meet certain criteria outlined in the scholarship details.
You will be considered for this scholarship upon admission to the university, no scholarship application is needed. Funds are offered as available, so apply today!
Cumulative Undergraduate GPA
Annual Scholarship Offer
2.7 - 2.9
3.0 and above
- No scholarship application is needed.
- Must be an international student on an F1 visa.
- Must be charged a non-resident tuition surcharge.
- Students may receive only one merit scholarship or tuition discount with the exclusion of the CECS Graduate Remediation Scholarship.
- Students must be enrolled full-time.
- The annual scholarship amount is divided evenly between Fall and Spring Semesters. If you are a continuing student attending full time in the summer, complete the Summer Scholarship Request Form.
- Funds are awarded as available, so apply for admission into a graduate program early.
- Renewable contingent on maintaining a 3.0 cumulative GPA at the end of the academic year, once 12 credit hours have been attempted. Students falling below a 3.0 can appeal.
- It can be used for graduate non-resident tuition only.
Grades are reviewed at the end of the spring semester for students who have attempted 12 credit hours. Students who have less than a 3.0 cumulative GPA after attempting 12 credit hours can appeal to continue to receive their scholarship.
How do I appeal and what should my scholarship written statements include?
You must submit a Scholarship Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Form to appeal. The appeal will ask for two written statements. The written statements should include:
- A statement that explains the circumstance or reason(s) you were unable to earn a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- A statement that explains what has changed that will now enable you to meet scholarship requirements.
- Documentation that supports the written statement(s). A statement of support such as a letter from an academic advisor must be signed by the person providing the support and must be printed on company letterhead or from their WSU email address.
- For “mitigating” circumstances (e.g., illness, injury, bereavement, etc.) appropriate documentation may include a statement of support from a physician, counselor or clergy; court documents, obituaries, etc.
- For “non-mitigating” circumstances (e.g., adjusting to a new academic environment, re-acclimating into higher education, etc.) appropriate documentation may include a statement of support from an academic advisor, faculty member, or Immigration Advisor, etc.
How will I be notified of the appeal decision?
You will be notified of the results via your Wright State email.
What happens if my appeal is approved?
If your appeal is approved, you will need to earn a 3.0 for the term in order to receive your scholarship for future terms. You will need to have a 3.0 cumulative GPA by the end of the next spring semester.
Please contact your department to find information about graduate assistantships or department scholarships.
|Rates||Ohio Resident1||Non-Ohio Resident1|
|Graduate Tuition (11–18 hours)2||$7,149||$12,143|
|Graduate Tuition (1–10.5 hours)||$660/hour||$1,125/hour|
|M.B.A. Tuition (11–18 hours)2||$8,227||$13,221|
|M.B.A. Tuition (1–10.5 hours)||$760/hour||$1,225/hour|
|Marketing Analytics (M.S.) Tuition (11–18 hours)2||$8,227||$13,221|
|Marketing Analytics (M.S.) Tuition (1–10.5 hours)||$760/hour||$1,225/hour|
|M.P.H. Tuition (11–18 hours)2||$7,956||$12,950|
|M.P.H. Tuition (1–10.5 hours)||$735/hour||$1,200/hour|
|School of Professional Psychology and Doctor of Nursing Practice Tuition (11 or more hours)||$9,404||$15,028|
|School of Professional Psychology and Doctor of Nursing Practice Tuition (1–10.5 hours)||$871/hour||$1,395/hour|
|Boonshoft School of Medicine Tuition for M1, M2, and M4 (11 or more hours)||$20,126||$30,197|
|Boonshoft School of Medicine Tuition (11 or more hours)||$26,835||$36,906|
1Rates determined annually by the Wright State University Board of Trustees.
2Per hour rates will be applied to each credit hour in excess of 18