At Wright State University, you will find an accredited, nationally ranked education at an affordable tuition rate. About 1,800 international students attend our university in the safe and affordable Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A. region. With flexible class options, numerous graduate programs, and convenient housing on-campus and near the university, Wright State will help you achieve your goals and give you opportunities in research, internships, and more. For more information about educational opportunities in the United State visit Education USA to find the advisor in your country.
Do you have a four-year baccalaureate degree?
- You must submit an official transcript accompanied by a translation into English if needed. If your credentials cannot be evaluated by the Office of International Admissions, you are required to submit your academic credentials to an evaluation service and pay the cost of the evaluation.
- If your native language is not English and you do not have a degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, you must have a minimum score on one of the following exams:
- A score of 79/120 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (T.O.E.F.L.)
- A band 6 or higher through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- A score of 57 or higher on the Pearson PTE
- Satisfactory completion of LEAP level 4 T.O.E.F.L. waiver track
- Several departments or programs have set higher requirements for English proficiency. Visit the graduate programs page for more information.
- You may be required by your academic advisors to take an English writing placement test. If you do not pass this test, you may be required to take more on-campus classes to improve your English. If you have earned a degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, you are exempted from the TOEFL requirement.
- If you have graduated from a school in a country where English is the official language for higher education, you will not be required to demonstrate English proficiency.
Do you have a three-year baccalaureate degree?
- If you are from Bangladesh, Burma, India, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka and have a three-year bachelor's degree in arts, commerce, or science, you are eligible for admissions to an undergraduate program.
- If you have achieved a three-year bachelor's degree from international institutions, you are eligible for admission to a graduate program as long as your three-year degree meets the standards of regionally accredited four-year degree programs in the U.S., as determined by Wright State.
- We now accept international M.B.A. applicants with three-year bachelor's degrees. If you have earned your three-year bachelor's degree from the European Higher Education Area (the Bologna Process), and Indian students with Division I from colleges accredited by NAAC with a grade of 'A' or better. You three-degree must be meet the standards of regionally accredited four-year degree programs in the U.S., as determined by Wright State.
The integrity of everyone's identity is a priority at Wright State University. For that reason, we do NOT accept transcripts, test scores, banking information, or passport copies via email. All applicants are to upload required documents to their applicant portal.