Welcome to the Wright State family!
We understand you will have many questions as you prepare for Wright State. We're here to help. We've compiled important resources to ensure a smooth transition into your college experience.
Call today to schedule your appointment. Call 937-775-5750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you call or email:
- Specify that you are a New Student
- Indicate your intended major, or if you are undecided
- If you have not already, upload your CCP or other college transcripts
- Review Math and English Course Placement Testing
Academic advising is one of the greatest tools you can use as a student. Professional academic advisors are trained to help you achieve your goals. They will work with you to explore majors, explain degree requirements, and help you formulate a plan for academic success. Contact your advisor early in the term to discuss your schedule for the following semester, especially if you require advisor approval prior to registering for classes. Academic advising is an ongoing partnership between you and your advisor. You contribute to the success of this partnership by:
- Checking your Wright State email regularly
- Taking the initiative to contact your advisor
- Planning ahead; during busy times of the year, your advisor’s schedule will fill up quickly
- Keeping your documents organized and bringing important materials with you to your advising appointment
- Reviewing your degree audit (uAchieve) or program of study before your appointments
- Reviewing course options before appointments and bringing a list of potential courses to take in the semester
- Asking questions
Contacting Your Academic Advisor
Once you find your assigned Academic Advisor, contact them by phone or email to ask questions or set up an advising appointment. Academic advising appointments are available in person, over the phone, or virtually using WebEx.
You should know how to complete the following tasks related to classes and registration. If you do not have your campus username, call Wright State’s Computing and Telecommunications Services (CaTS) at 937-775-4827. If you have questions about course registration, please contact RaiderConnect at 937-775-4000 or visit their website.
If you need to change your schedule, contact your academic advisor. If you registered and wish to drop one or more of your classes, you must log in to WINGS Express and complete the steps to drop the course(s). Consult the academic calendar for dropped course tuition refund dates.