On this page:
- Summary Of Section III of the NIH Guidelines for rDNA Research
- Risk Group Classification (NIH Guidelines - Appendix B)
- Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC)
- WSU Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Guidelines/Policies (PDF)
- IBC Meeting Schedule and Submission Deadline Dates (PDF)
All initial applications and de-novos must be completed in the Cayuse Hazard Safety module.
Paper amendments and Annual Reports will be accepted until your Cayuse form is completed.
Submit paper forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Biosafety Initial Application
- How to Submit a Hazard Safety Protocol in Cayuse (requires WSU login)
- Biosafety Amendment
- Biosafety Annual Report
All Biosafety training can be completed through the Collaborative Institution Training Initiative (CITI) website.
Mandatory training includes:
- Lab Chemical Safety,
- Initial Biosafety Training,
- Hazardous Communication,
- and if the research involves human byproducts, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen training.
See the instruction document below for guidance on how to register for these courses.
For possible additional training requirements, please consult with the Department of Environmental Health and Safety
- Interstate Shipment of Etiologic Agents
- Additional Requirements for Facilities Transferring or Receiving Select Agents (42 CFR 72.6ff)
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA (rDNA) Molecules
- Risk Group Classification for Infectious Agents (from the American Biological Safety Association)
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) (from CDC)
- Basic Rules for Biosafety (in English and Mandarin Chinese)- View guidelines in the Biosafety Manual on the Environmental Health & Safety website
Grants Contract Administrator
email@example.com | 937-775-4459
Chat or video conference options
Madhavi Kadakia, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Research and Innovation
937-775-3336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions pertaining to Radiation Safety should be directed to the Department of Environmental Health and Safety.