On this page:
- Summary Of Section III of the NIH Guidelines for rDNA Research
- Risk Group Classification (NIH Guidelines - Appendix B)
- WSU Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Guidelines/Policies (PDF)
- IBC Meeting Schedule and Submission Deadline Dates (PDF)
As of June 27, 2022, the RSP Gateway system will no longer be used for Biosafety submissions. We will be implementing a Hazard Safety module in Cayuse which will go live in March 2023.
In the meantime, download the form below and complete it using a PDF Reader (Adobe or Foxit). Do NOT complete the form in a web browser because the data you enter will not be saved. An electronic signature is acceptable. After signing the form, please save it using a unique file name such as:
Dr. Jane Doe Biosafety Application
IBC ### Amendment.pdf
IBC ### Annual Report
Submit the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Biosafety training can be completed through the Collaborative Institution Training Initiative (CITI) website.
Mandatory training includes:
- Lab Chemical Safety,
- Initial Biosafety Training,
- Hazardous Communication,
- and if the research involves human byproducts, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen training.
See the instruction document below for guidance on how to register for these courses.
For possible additional training requirements, please consult with the Department of Environmental Health and Safety
- Interstate Shipment of Etiologic Agents
- Additional Requirements for Facilities Transferring or Receiving Select Agents (42 CFR 72.6ff)
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA (rDNA) Molecules
- Risk Group Classification for Infectious Agents (from the American Biological Safety Association)
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) (from CDC)
- Basic Rules for Biosafety (in English and Mandarin Chinese)- View guidelines in the Biosafety Manual on the Environmental Health & Safety website
Amanda Karper, Compliance Coordinator
937-775-3332 or email@example.com
Chat or Video Conference with Amanda on Microsoft Teams
Madhavi Kadakia, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Research and Innovation
937-775-3336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions pertaining to Radiation Safety should be directed to the Department of Environmental Health and Safety.