The Event Services and Youth Programs team in the Student Union is responsible for the reservation of all meeting/conference/activity space in the Student Union and in designated outdoor locations, classrooms, and computer labs. Our primary objective is to support university programming through the reservation and/or coordination of space and services. In addition, we support a number of community events while maintaining students, faculty, and staff as our top priority.
Event Planning Checklist
The Checklist will help event planners check their work and offer them a fast and easy way to make sure the event being planned will be a success.
Business or Pleasure
The Student Union hosts over 6,000 university and community events each year. Our conference rooms, recreation center, dining and catering operation, and retail services work together to support meetings, presentations, and conferences, as well as, receptions, celebrations, parties, and camps. Our operational staff can arrange these versatile event spaces in a variety of set up styles to meet your event needs.
Whether you have a meeting for 10 people or a conference for 600, our professional event staff can assist you the coordination of your event. The following examples are just a few ways that our staff use their expertise to make your event spectacular:
- Secure meeting, exhibit, and dining space
- Coordinate room setup and audio/visual needs, provide room diagrams
- Coordinate all dining, and housing
- Coordinate off-campus tours, entertainment, and meals
- Provide complete on-site management
In addition, our office can help your conference run smoothly with our expert registration services. Let our event staff handle the logistics, you concentrate on the content. Here are just some of the services available:
- Develop an online registration portal
- Collect completed registrations and fees, providing confirmation and receipt
- Create and maintain a database of registrants
- Provide customized reports on registrant data
- Design customized name badges (including logos, font choices, and design preferences)
Menus Tailored to Please Any Taste
Wright State University Dining Services' award-winning culinary team will impress you with their preparation and presentation of the finest food. Choose from our extensive menu or our Executive Chef will be happy to customize a menu specific to your event or budget. Our event staff will work with the professional catering staff to coordinate all your dining options.
On-site Technology Tools Ready to Work for You
The Student Union has on-site audio/visual specialists happy to provide clients with any presentation tools needed, including:
- Internet (wireless available throughout the facility)
- Projectors and screens
- Sound System including sound reinforcement
- Assistive Listening Devices