On this page:
Wright State University offers several scholarship opportunities to graduate students, including:
- Graduate assistantships
- Tuition scholarships
Often these awards require the student to serve in an employment-like capacity for the awarding department or college in order to be eligible and maintain eligibility.
Terms and conditions for graduate assistantships, tuition scholarships, fellowships and stipends can be obtained from the Graduate School's Policies and Procedures Manual.
Graduate students are encouraged to contact the chair of their program of study for information about graduate assistantships, scholarships, fellowships and stipends.
Graduate students can submit ONE online scholarship application to apply for multiple scholarships funded by both the Wright State Foundation and the University. Applicants are considered for each competitive scholarship based on the eligibility criteria listed in the descriptions.To see what you may qualify for, use our scholarship search. Scholarships range from $300 up to the value of tuition.
The 2021-22 online application is currently available. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
How to Apply
Wright State students can access the online scholarship application via WINGS Express.
- Log into wings.wright.edu with your Campus Username (w000abc) and Password.
- Click the WINGS Express icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Student and Financial Aid link.
- Select the Financial Aid and Scholarships link.
- Select the Online Scholarship Application link.
Once you have submitted your application you will NOT be able to access it to make changes. However, you will be able to monitor the return of your Recommendation Form and make changes to your reference after the application has been submitted. Reference information can only be updated if one is listed at the time the application is submitted. You will log back into your scholarship application via WINGS Express. Once in your application, click on the “blue button” titled Recommendations.
- You must apply for admission and be admitted to Wright State University to access the scholarship application. Graduate students will access the application via WINGS Express using Campus Username (w000abc) and Password. If you have forgotten or don’t know the password that is used with your username, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at 937-775-4827, or toll free at 1-888-775-4827.
- Make a list of all of your extra-curricular activities, volunteer experience, community service, memberships, awards, honors, etc. etc. Only include information relevant during your post-secondary studies. Include contributions made to the Wright State University Campus Community.
- An essay is needed for all scholarships. Your essay will set you apart from the other applicants. Take your time, edit, review and edit again! Write your essay in Word, then copy and paste into the application. The essay should: explain your educational goals, professional goals, career aspirations, commitment to community service, and also tell us how a scholarship award will make a difference in your personal and financial circumstances. If you need help with writing your essay you can use the Wright State University Writing Center.
- Recommendation Forms (letters of recommendation) are not required, but suggested to help set you apart from other applicants. Select a previous or current faculty member who can provide information about your unique qualities and/or exceptional academic abilities. Contact your intended reference prior to listing him/her. Be sure to collect their email address since they will receive a request by email to complete your online recommendation form from firstname.lastname@example.org not from a Wright State University email address. Forms are due by 11:59 p.m. February 8, 2021 Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Complete your 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1, 2020. Your completed FAFSA should be filed by February 1st to be considered for need-based scholarships.
Scholarships awarded using the online application are selected by a committee(s) comprised of faculty members from their college and other university departments. Scholarships are awarded as funds are available. Award decisions begin in the spring and continue throughout the summer.
If a scholarship has been posted to a student’s award notice, the student will receive the general Financial Aid Award notification email via their Wright State University email account. The Award Notice is available in WINGS Express.
Some departments or divisions may offer other scholarships to graduate students not awarded through the online application. Listed below are some of the scholarship opportunities not included in online scholarship application. Check with the chair in your academic department for any other options.
- Award Amount
- Amount varies
- Eligibility Criteria
Be a Wright State senior, and be entering Wright State's Graduate Program in the Department of History.
- How to Apply
Contact the Department of History for more information.
- Additional Information
All eligible applicants will be considered