What classes should you take? How do you join a club? How do you find a tutor? Whether you're a new student, a transfer student, a veteran, or an international student, our orientation experience will provide answers to your questions, connections to campus, and the skills that will make you a successful student.
Orientation is a self-paced virtual experience, allowing you the flexibility to learn about university resources, make campus connections, and get a fall schedule of courses through a series of activities available throughout the week. Your experience will take about the same time as a full-day event (six to eight hours) but spread throughout the week at your convenience. You will use
To register for orientation, log into the Admissions Portal, and select Orientation Registration under Next Steps. The orientation fee is $25. Once you have registered, you will receive an email confirmation with a secure, personalized link that you will use to pay your fee.
Your orientation program is carefully designed to set you up for success at Wright State. You will:
- Receive your customized class schedule created just for you by your advisor.
- Gain the knowledge you need to confidently move forward as a Wright State Raider.
- Meet staff, faculty, and students virtually who can answer your questions.
- Learn about student support services and academic life.
- Gain a better understanding of your personal, academic, and financial responsibilities while attending college.
- Learn how to smoothly transition to college life.
- Experience Wright State spirit and pride.
- Learn how to use Pilot, the system you will also use for your classes.
Starting classes in Fall Semester?
You will attend a virtual orientation session between May 27 and August 12. You will receive your Fall Semester schedule. Parents and family members are always welcome to participate in orientation. To register for orientation, log into the Admissions Portal and select Orientation Registration under Next Steps.
Starting classes in Spring Semester?
This one-day orientation session is where you will meet with an advisor to schedule classes. To register for orientation, log into the Admissions Portal and select Orientation Registration under Next Steps.
- Tuesday, December 15
Starting classes in Summer Semester?
You will meet with an academic advisor to schedule your Summer Semester classes. You can also choose to attend a virtual orientation session between May 27 and August 12 even if you have started classes.
Specific-Audience Orientation Sessions