The CaTS Banner 9 development team has been working hard the last few months on getting Banner 9 ready for use by the university. See below for the latest updates and preliminary timelines for this important upgrade.
- A Banner 9 kickoff presentation and open house was held on August 3. All Banner Administrative users were invited for live demos, discussions, and an introductory presentation by Craig Woolley.
- Banner 9 FACT sub-teams have been formed and are meeting on a regular basis. These teams have been doing extensive testing of Banner 9 Administrative pages. Sub-teams represent the following functional areas: Advancement, Admissions, AR, Finance, Financial Aid, HR/Payroll/Budget Planning, and Student.
- An information table about the Banner 9 upgrade was setup at the CaTS Tech Fair on October 4. There was also a live demo of Banner 9 navigation for the administrative applications and a sneak peek at the Banner 9 Self-Service applications.
- Training and documentation for Banner 9 Admin is currently being developed in CaTS. Training sessions for Banner 9 Admin navigation will be announced soon.
Preliminary Timeline for Upgrade
- End of October - Testing of Banner 9 Administrative pages to be completed.
- Mid-November: Soft rollout of Banner 9 Admin in production to a core group of functional administrative users. During this time, Banner 9 Admin and Banner 8 Admin will run in parallel.
- End of 2017 - Rollout of Banner 9 Admin in production to the rest of the campus. Banner 8 Admin and Banner 9 Admin will continue to run in parallel for a short period of time until we are certain that Banner 9 Admin does not have any critical issues.