Office 365 Access Issues
Currently, Wright State's Office 365 system is experiencing intermittent
access issues. Microsoft has issued the following update concerning this
Sep 2, 2015 10:22 AM
Current Status: Engineers are investigating an issue in which some
customers may be experiencing problems accessing or using Office 365
Portal services or features. This event is actively being investigated.
More information will be provided shortly.
CaTS will notify the university once Microsoft has provided an updated
WINGS/Office 365 Email Access
Currently, some users who are trying to access their Wright State email
through WINGS are being prompted to sign in with their Office 365
username and password (firstname.lastname@example.org or
email@example.com), instead of being signed on automatically.
If you experience this issue, follow these steps:
1) Enter your Office 365 username (your WSU email address) and password.
- If you do not remember your password, visit the WSU Accounts page and follow the 'How to Change Your Password' instructions for Office 365. Note: This password may be different than that of your "w" account.
2) Click on the "Work or School" account option.
3) Close and reopen your web browser.
4) Log in to WINGS and then click the "Email/Calendar" button. You
should now be automatically logged in to your email.
If you need further assistance, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 775-4827.
Tegrity Issues within Pilot
As mentioned in an earlier email on 8/26/15, the Tegrity system, although still functional, is experiencing slight performance problems. The developers of Tegrity are aware of these system issues and are working on a resolution. However, CaTS has found one of these problems that could impact your use of the Tegrity system, specifically within Pilot. Please see below for a description and resolution to this problem.
Problem: Tegrity does not start properly when using the "Start Recording" button (first image below) from within Pilot.
Detailed Description: After logging in to Pilot and launching the Tegrity widget, clicking the "Start Recording" button brings up the following screen, instead of the Tegrity Recording window.
Resolution: To remedy this problem and begin recording, follow these steps BEFORE opening the Tegrity widget in Pilot.
- On the Windows taskbar, find the Tegrity icon on the right side, near the clock. You may have to click the up arrow to find the icon.
- Right click on the Tegrity icon. See the image below.
- Choose "Start Recording." This will open the Tegrity Recording Window.
- Open the Tegrity widget within Pilot.
- Click the "Start Recording" button.
You should now be able to record using the Tegrity software. Once the developers of Tegrity have resolved this issue, CaTS will notify the university. For further questions, please contact the CaTS Help Desk.
Credit Card Vending Unavailable
Currently, the ability to use a credit card at campus vending machines is unavailable. The Wright1 Card Center is looking into the issue.
Issues With Tegrity 8/24
The Tegrity system is currently experiencing problems and is
inaccessible. This includes the ability to capture new lectures and view
ones already created. We will notify the university as soon as the
problems are resolved.
Wright State App
The Wright State App helps you stay connected to the university like never before. Access critical information about your courses, accounts, and other information directly from your phone or tablet.
Atomic Learning offers video tutorials on current and popular software titles, including Microsoft Office and products from Adobe. Free for all faculty, staff, and students!