Updates to the New WINGS Portal - 7/2/15
CaTS has made further updates to the new WINGS portal!
- 'My Alerts’ and ‘My Links’ have moved to the right hand column.
- The ‘Resources’ buttons formerly above Campus Announcements have moved to the right hand column under ‘Services’.
- All announcements (campus, student and employee) are now featured in list form in the center column.
- ‘Feedback’ and the Poll are now in the left hand column
- Filters are now accessible through the gear link in the ‘Announcements’ heading; these settings will affect all campus, student and employee announcements.
- A ‘People Directory’ option has been added under the Search bar at the top of the page; checking this will limit your search to the People Directory only.
- ‘FAQs’ and ‘Recent Updates’ are now accessible in the sub-menu under the WINGS logo.
Please continue to submit your feedback through the ‘Tell Us What You Think’ link under the Feedback section. Learn more about the new WINGS at http://www.wright.edu/information-technology/support-and-training/wings-beta.
Current Issues with Office 365 Email
At this time, some users are unable to access email through the Outlook client or the Outlook Web App (OWA). This issue also prevents users from sending emails to those having problems accessing their mailboxes. Microsoft is working on a resolution and CaTS will notify the University when a solution has been found. For questions, contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, or email email@example.com.
Updates to the New WINGS Portal
After conducting usability tests and reviewing feedback, CaTS has made a few updates to the new WINGS portal!
- ‘Wright1 Card Services’ and ‘Parking Services’ shortcuts are now featured under the ‘Services’ section.
- A ‘Libraries’ button has been added above Campus Announcements.
- Bookmarks are back! Add links to your most commonly visited sites under the ‘My Links’ section.
Please continue to submit your feedback through the ‘Tell Us What You Think’ link under the Feedback section. Learn more about the new WINGS at https://www.wright.edu/information-technology/support-and-training/wings-beta.
New WINGS Portal Now Available
The new version of WINGS - streamlined for announcements and alerts – is
Click on the “WINGS (beta)” icon on the WINGS homepage to try it out.
Classic WINGS will still be available until the end of the year.
Group and Course Studio are not available in the new WINGS portal.
We welcome your feedback on the new WINGS. Click on the “Tell us what
you think” link under the Feedback section.
Learn more about the new WINGS at
Phishing Scam Notice for 6/1/15
The Help Desk was recently notified of an email phishing scam that targets Wright State students, faculty, and staff. This scam, which may have a subject line titled " School Mail-Box Validation,” asks you to click on a link to validate your Wright State email account and indicates that a failure to do so will result in the deletion of your account.
Please be aware that this is a scam. Do not click on the link provided in the email or give out any personal information.
If you have any questions about these scams, or if you have already clicked the link and entered your account information, please contact the CaTS Help Desk immediately. You can reach us at (937) 775-4827, or toll free at 1-888-775-4827.
Wright State App
The Wright State App helps you stay connected to the university like never before. Access critical information about your courses, accounts, and other information directly from your phone or tablet.
Atomic Learning offers video tutorials on current and popular software titles, including Microsoft Office and products from Adobe. Free for all faculty, staff, and students!