On this page:
Fall 2022 Hours and Contact Info
Face-to-Face Service Hours:
- Monday–Thursday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Online Service Hours:
- Monday–Thursday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Learn about signing up for tutoring and study coaching.
Program Coordinator, Tutoring Services
122 Student Success Center
The mission of Tutoring Services is to serve as a center for learning assistance, which provides an academic support structure for students to develop key learning skills, enhance their confidence, and increase their independence. Tutors and study coaches help students develop a deeper understanding of class material, and gain successful skills that can improve their overall GPA. They assess student academic strengths and challenges and develop strategies for time-management, test-taking, text-book reading, memorization, and note-taking. Students can request and be matched for appointments with tutors and study coaches on staff throughout the term.
The first day to sign up for tutoring and general study coaching appointments is on Book It Day starting at 9 a.m. on Friday, August 26, 2022:
Tutoring and study coaching appointments will be held in person and online.
- Tutors conduct active reviews of course work with students so they walk away with firm understandings of the material and methods for independent study.
- Tutoring Services works to provide support for a range of courses listed below.
- Tutoring appointments are arranged for one hour per week per course at no charge.
- Individual or small group tutoring is available.
Tutoring appointments do not include mathematics, statistics, and writing help. For mathematics, statistics, or computer science (1180, 1181, 1200, 2200) help, visit the Math Learning Center page for more information. For writing help, visit the University Writing Center page for more information.
- Study coaches work with students to help them develop strategies and skills specific to their needs.
- Study coaching is an excellent way to get personalized solutions to the challenges of in-person and remote courses.
- Study coaching appointments are arranged for 1 hour per week study coaching per course at no charge.
- Individual support is available.
Course List for Fall 2022
- ACC 2010
- ANT 2100
- ANT 3100
- ASL 1010
- ASL 1020
- ASL 2010
- ASL 2020
- BIO 1120
- BIO 1150
- BIO 2110
- BIO 2120
- CHM 1010
- CHM 1020
- CHM 1210
- CHM 2110
- CHM 2120
- FIN 2210
- FR 1010
- FR 1020
- FR 2010
- FR 2020
- NUR 2100
- PHY 1110
- PHY 2400
- PHY 2410
- SPN 1010
- SPN 1020
- SPN 2010
- SPN 2020
Book It Day is the start of when appointments can be requested and students can request appointments throughout the term. Request appointments for Fall 2022: Friday, August 26, 2022, starting at 9 a.m.
Tutoring and study coaching appointments will be held in-person and remote. Email follow-up will be sent regarding your request.
If you need to cancel a Tutoring Services appointment
- Email the Academic Success Centers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-775-5770.
- Email your tutor.
You can use one message to email email@example.com and your tutor. Either way, you must contact Tutoring Services to cancel.
Late cancellation and no-show policy: A limit of three instances per class can occur before tutoring appointments are released. General study coaching appointments are subject to this policy.
Additional walk-in academic support is available at no charge through these programs:
Additional assistance is available through the following organizations and offices:
FIN 2210 - Financial Management I - Login with Campus credentials is required to access resources.