Hours and Contact
Office Hours: Face-to-Face Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Remote Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Office Phone: 937-775-5770; On Fridays or if the line is busy, please leave a voicemail and your call will be returned during office hours.
Online Tutoring and study coaching appointments will be conducted using Microsoft Teams. Learn about signing up for online tutoring.
Face-to-Face Study coaching will be available between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mondays - Thursdays summer. Students can drop in and make a one-time appointment and/or book recurring appointments.
Program Director, Tutoring Services
122 Student Success Center
On this page:
The mission of Tutoring Services is to serve as a center for learning assistance, which provides an academic support structure for students to develop key learning skills, enhance their confidence, and increase their independence. Tutors and study coaches help students develop a deeper understanding of class material, and gain successful skills that can improve their overall GPA. They assess student academic strengths and challenges and develop strategies for time-management, test-taking, text-book reading, memorization, and note-taking. Students can request and be matched for appointments with tutors and study coaches on staff throughout the term.
The first day to sign up for tutoring and general study coaching appointments is on Book It Day on the following dates:
- Summer 2021—Wednesday, May 12, 2021, starting at 9 am
- Fall 2021—Friday, August 27, 2021
Tutoring appointments will be held online. Face-to-Face Study coaching will be available between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mondays – Thursdays summer. Students can drop in and make a one-time appointment and/or book recurring appointments.
- Tutors conduct active reviews of course work with students so they walk away with firm understandings of the material and methods for independent study
- Tutoring Services works to provide support for frequently-requested courses numbered 3000 and below. This has included courses in the following subjects: ACC, ANT, ATH, ASL, BIO, CHI, CHM, CLS, CS, EC, EE, EES, FIN, FR, HST, LAT, ME, NUR, PHL, PHY, PLS, PSY, SOC, SPN, SW, WGS
- Tutoring appointments are arranged for 1 hour per week of tutoring or study coaching per course at no charge.
- Individual or small group tutoring is available.
Tutoring appointments do not include mathematics, statistics, and writing help. For mathematics and statistics help, visit the Math Learning Center page for more information. For writing help, visit the University Writing Center page for more information.
- Study coaches work with students to help them develop strategies and skills specific to their needs.
- Study coaching is an excellent way to get personalized solutions to the challenges of online and in-person courses.
- Study coaching appointments are arranged for 1 hour per week study coaching per course at no charge.
- Individual support is available.
Late Cancellation and no-show fees are $30 per instance. A limit of three instances per class can occur before tutoring appointments are released. General study coaching appointments are subject to this policy.
Book It Day is the start of when appointments can be requested and students can request appointments throughout the term. During Summer 2021 requests and inquiries will be responded to Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Request appointments for Summer 2021 Wednesday, May 12, 2021, starting at 9 am
Tutoring appointments will be held online. Face-to-Face Study coaching will be available between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays summer. Students can drop in and make a one-time appointment and/or book recurring appointments. Tutoring consists of individual/small group appointments for frequently-requested courses numbered 3000 and below. Study coaching consists of individual appointments to develop personalized strategies for all of your courses. Email follow-up will be sent regarding your request.
FIN 2210 - Login with Campus credentials is required to access resources.
Additional walk-in academic support is available at no charge in the following locations:
Additional study assistance is available through the following organizations and offices:
- Athletics (must be a registered athlete with Wright State)
Contact: Judy Chivers, Academic Advisor/SWA, Athletics
- Bolinga Black Cultural Center
Contact: Tonya Mathis, Bolinga Center Interim Associate Director, 937-775-5645
- Bureau of Vocational Rehab (BVR)
Contact: Amanda Watkins, Assistant Director of Veteran Affairs 937-75-5549
- Military & Dependents (students who are members of the Military and their sponsored dependents)
Contact: Amanda Watkins, Assistant Director of Veteran Affairs 937-775-5549
- Office of Disability Services (ODS)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 937-775-5680, TTY: 937-775-5844